Will you pick up in store or have it delivered to your house?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jun 8, 2010.

?

How do you want to get pre-order your iPhone 4?

1. Pre-order to have it delivered to my home

63.8%
  2. Pre-order to be picked up at an Apple store

24.5%
  3. Pre-order to be picked up at an AT&T store

11.7%
  1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Simple question: Do you prefer to have your iPhone 4 delivered to your house, or do you want to pick it up in an Apple/AT&T store.

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I start the new job that week, and my hours are from 5a-2p, so I can't be a line sitter this time around :(

3. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I hate going to get stuff when it's a new release, so i'll get it shipped to the house. It's much easier than waiting to be helped on.

4. Acevesx macrumors regular

because its released on a thursday, I'll probably go pick it up and stand in line... I never get deliveries early during the week, usually they show up around 5pm!!

5. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

At&t

:apple:After many hangups (thank you AT&T customer service), I am on the phone with an AT&T customer service representative and she is confirming absolutely nothing she is just reading the media release UGH!!! She said that each store will have it's own agenda and the store here said they don't have any details yet, but if it was anything like last year's release of the 3GS, the pre-order phones came in at random and were not guaranteed on the june 24th date so it looks like i'm pre-ordering with home delivery :) Anyone know what delivery service AT&T uses versus Apple store (the closest apple store is 2 hours away :( ):apple:

6. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I don't get off until 12 so I am not going to risk someone taking it off my porch. So I will have to make the 45 minute drive to Nashville. I am hoping its a PM launch now though so I can be there for the frenzy!

7. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I'm pretty sure it would need a signature confirmation, at least they did w/ the iPad launches

8. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

I feel the same way about having someone take it off my porch which is my reasoning for asking about the shipping people (UPS or FedEx) because the UPS guy comes around 5 pm, but the AT&T rep said if I preordered for a pick up in the store then I couldn't pick my phone up till after June 25th which is what the media release said, which is why I was trying to get the woman on the phone to differentiate between pre-order and reserve in the AT&T store..PS love Nashville, my husband is from there.

PS. No one is answering phones at the Att stores, but do you blame them? They should add to their recording the Iphone information. My husband went into the store in town and asked which is where I got the information about last year in my last post.

9. adeloren macrumors member

If you pre order and pick it up at the ATT store, do you really think the lines will be long? If its all pre order people simply picking up their phone, it shouldnt be that bad. Especially because the majority of pre orders are going to be shipped to peoples homes. The ATT employees dont have to activate each phone at the store do they?

10. alangrehan macrumors regular

I have to say... All this day one queuing stuff is a load of rubbish...

I prefer to read all the hype online and look at all the videos of the guys with raincoats queuing and cheering in the shop after being stood out in the rain all night...

Then casually stroll into the shop 2 days later and bag a phone in 10 mins!

:D

11. banderson6793 macrumors newbie

Personally, I want it delivered to work so I can show it off. It's also nice to know that our delivery guys are great about showing up at the same time every day.

12. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Hmmm good idea, our UPS man shows up here around 12pm :) Thanks for the idea versus the UPS guy that shows up at my house at 5 or sometimes 6 at night...Considering I can't get anyone at Att to confirm to me reserve vs. pre-order

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

We need to start differentiating between pre-order and reserve in these posts.

14. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

I'll be pre-oridering for pick up at Apple store.

15. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

I agree considering I'm confused between the two and since I'm wanting to get the new phone guaranteed on the 24th I want to make the right decision and the Apple store is 2 hours away verus the ATT store which is 2 minutes away, but very small (does sell iphones though)

16. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Then don't get in line;) The one time I queued was fun, I showed off my jailbroken phone, showed what it could do, and probably added a few more people to the jailbreak train :)

I made a new friend and even helped him out when he left his chair in front of the store after it had opened and he left w/ his iPad. I worked in the same area as the :apple: store, grabbed the chair after my shift, and reunited him with it a few weeks later. He's like a cool new uncle I never knew I had, lol

17. gravityfall macrumors member

I think I will have it delivered even though UPS never seem to deliver anything to me before 5pm.

18. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

You are correct it does, but apple has a release form that you can use. So if I got it delivered then I would use the release form, otherwise I would just have to drive to UPS that night instead of Apple.

19. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I will just pre-order it and wait impatiently for it to be shipped to me.

20. notblackmac macrumors regular

notblackmac

I'll pre-order, and have it shipped to my house.. and sit in my living room with my laptop watching videos of people waiting outside apple stores, as I wait for the UPS man to come to my house at 5pm to deliver mine. Good plan, right?:cool:

21. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

If you pre-order is it guaranteed to be delivered at some point on the day of release? Or will they ship it on launch day and you'll get it some time later.

I don't know which way to go, if they will deliver it on launch day then I will definitely go with pre-order for delivery if it will ship on launch day and I will get it at a later date then I would go with pre-order with pickup in store.

Anyone know? Last time I bought an iPhone was the iPhone 3G on launch day and I had to wait 4 hours in line so if I can avoid that with the iPhone 4 it would be awesome. Although I am willing to wait if it means I will get it on launch day. I have been waiting for the release of this phone for too long lol.

22. Flipfrancis1203 macrumors newbie

I actually requested June 24 to be off work that day to be in line for the new iphone 4 and play with it the rest of the day