Will you return and exchange your black iPhone for a white one if they become availab

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wiihacker17, Jun 18, 2010.

1. wiihacker17 macrumors newbie

I'm getting the iPhone 4 32 gb in black, but because the white ones is not out. But I will go to the AT&T store for an exchange for a white one and a 10% restock fee in a heart beat to get it in white if it becomes available in the 30 day trial period tho! Will you?!?!:D

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I'll put on my flame suit and say, yes. I'm getting mine at Best Buy so hopefully the 45 day and no restock stuff applies. If not, I don't mine the 10%.

3. utcarsons macrumors regular

I really wanted the white, but...

Im actually so annoyed by the whole "white phone" stunt, I just dont even want it anymore! If it IS available on the 24th, I think that is a lame marketing tool which abandons committed iphone purchasers that were happy to pre-order and pre-pay and I want no part of their BS limited edition crap. It if ISNT available on the 24th due to manufacturing problems or delays, I'll be glad I didnt wait because I am impatient... Either way, no white for me now. I embrace BLACK. ;)

4. norwegian wood macrumors regular

wouldn't apple know this is going to happen? and not want to deal with taking back all those 30 day old and used i phones to exchange them for white? so my thinking is they will not release the white ones until after your exchange period is over just to screw the people who bought the black now with the idea of exchanging it for white later

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Lame marketing tool? Give me a break.

Apple had no intention of making the white model "exclusive" in any way. Steve Jobs said in the keynote that it would be available in white and black from day one. It is not a "stunt," there must have been a manufacturing problem with the white shells. The lack of communication on Apple's part does suck, but that is just how they roll. I expect that once the problem is fixed and Apple knows when it can start selling them, they will tell us.

6. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

kinda wanted white... not enough to wait though. i'll just stick with the black.

7. utcarsons macrumors regular

Actually, my post is in agreement with yours if that is the case. I was just sayin' if it IS available in store but not pre-buy, I think its BS.

8. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Black is better. There's a reason why almost all tv bezels are black; it enhances the picture.

9. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

No way do I want white.

But that said, I'm glad that Apple offers white as choice, because that's what it's all about. It was a very smart move.

10. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I've been thinking about this as well. I don't know what would be more important to me, the color, or the nostalgia of a launch day phone (yes, I treat my iDevices as collectibles, back off, it's my money).

11. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

i have a 32 & 16 (me/wife) already shipped.

the wife wanted the white model, and still does. i'm hoping i will be able to exchange the unopened black/16 for a white/16 at a at&t corporate store, in hopes the white gets released before my 30-day return allowance is up. i'll be calling soon to confirm this...:confused:

12. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Want white and preorder 32gb white with best buy. I have a black 32gb iP4 arriving Thursday. I will pay full price for the white and sell the black when the time comes

13. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

without a second thought. Both my girlfriend and I (and a couple of my coworkers) will be sending back the black ones for white ones if they become available within the time allowed to exchange them.

14. AppleFetish macrumors newbie

same here... hehe!!

15. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

16. Bernie-Macbook macrumors newbie

Same here, and theres nothing wrong with that at all considering the circumstances. Anyone saying its "unethical" needs to get off their high horse and ****, its a goddamn cell phone.

17. draz macrumors 6502a

I'm sad that the old style White is no more =(

So in protest I'll be sticking with Black.... :D

18. mykhaeli macrumors member

mykhaeli

If it was their Retina Display orders that were cut in half, then Apple may have simply had to make a choice to only manufacture 1 of 2 models and chose black.
    If true, perhaps white iPhone owners will have the Samsung screens.

-Did an iPhone seller (Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart) have an official date of July 24th for the white?

A month delay makes sense. (if it happens)
    If it is screen related, then as soon as their plant get production smooth and ready, it'll be publicly announced!

I'm getting the black as an extra line to my 3G (that my wife will use for a bit). Then the white will take the 3G's place, & become mine.
    No exchanging. Just switching between us!
    *that "should" work*

19. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

They should castrate you for even thinking of doing such a thing! There are people (like me) who are waiting it out, who didn't order a black phone for the SOLE REASON that we wanted the white one, and would only order the white one. People who waited and are ordering ONE PHONE should get first dibs on the white phone. If you ordered a black one, then you are bound by your contract, 2 years. Take it!

Sorry for sounding so blunt and frustrated about this, there have been many, many threads and discussions on "returning the black and exchanging for white". I don't think it's fair to the people who are first in line for the white iPhone when it becomes available. The first white iPhones available should ONLY go to those who WAITED. period.

20. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yes, I would.

I'm going early and standing in line, just in case the white is available on launch day, but if it becomes available within the 30 day period, I'll be doing my best to get one.

21. Bernie-Macbook macrumors newbie

Cry me a bloody river and drown it in. You gotta play the hand you were dealt, the bait-n-switch Apple pulled with still no word or reason why is absolutely ridiculous so I'll be picking up a black iPhone on thursday with every intention to return it for a white one asap while you play Apple's little bull***** game and wait.

22. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Newbie...

You missed my point. It's not fair to those of us that are waiting just to buy the white model if everyone who bought a black one went and returned it, and cried and said "I bought a black one, now I want a white one." Once you buy your phone you are bound by your contract, you would have to pay $699 to get another phone. Sorry.

23. Bernie-Macbook macrumors newbie

30 days sucka, 30 days.

24. c00lerness macrumors member

Agreed.
    Apple should change their policy to only allow switching for the exact same model if the first one is defective or DOA. Maybe they should raise the re-stocking fee too, lol, just to make more money off these people returning just for the color.

Pre-ordering the black one just to return it for the white one isn't fair to those who waited, and the black ones returned could have gone to customers who actually want it rather than using it as a placeholder for the white one.

25. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    i lol'd. Life aint fair bud.