Will you switch your post june 2009 MBP for the new Arrandale next year?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sound Evolution, Jun 26, 2009.

?

Will you switch your post june 2009 MBP for the new Arrandale next year?

  1. Yes absolutely!

    8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I don't know yet

    13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. I wait for the next chip after Arrandale

    4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Definitely not!

    23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  1. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2007
    Location:
    Netherlands
    #1
    Dear All,

    When the new Arrandale chip is used in the MBP's will you sell your post june 2009 MBP to upgrade? Yes why? No why not?

    With best regards,
    Bas
     
  2. Halon X macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2005
    Location:
    Malibu, CA
    #2
    Absolutely, only because I upgrade my computers every 6 - 9 months!
     
  3. djinn macrumors 68000

    djinn

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2003
  4. pr33tz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2008
    Location:
    London, UK
    #4
    Yes because the country club I belong to requires me to have the latest and greatest Macbook Pro. :rolleyes:
     
  5. Sound Evolution thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2007
    Location:
    Netherlands
    #5
    Auch! Yes currently I am single again... Know any nice girl for me who can stand a obsessive, impulsive, passionate, sarcastic straight forward person? :D

    With best regards,
    Bas
     
  6. Sound Evolution thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2007
    Location:
    Netherlands
    #6
    How will we loose on our current MBP if we sell it by that time?

    With best regards,
    Bas
     
  7. cu2010 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2009
    Location:
    new york city
    #7
    Haha members of my social clubs are way too old to know how to use a computer.

    And no, I'd probably buy an SSD and 8GB RAM instead.
     
  8. joehahn macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    Location:
    CT
    #8
    i'm probably gonna use my june 2009 mbp till it starts decomposing
     
  9. djinn macrumors 68000

    djinn

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2003
    #9
    Actually no. But my wife is asking if I want to go to the Apple store to get a new MBP. I'm thinking she wants to replace her Black Macbook with my 15" MBP.
     
  10. pr33tz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2008
    Location:
    London, UK
    #10
    Apple hardware generally holds its value well but it depends on how long you wait and what condition your hardware is in. I sold a 12" PB for the same price of a well spec'd PC laptop few months ago so there is always someone out there that will pay good money.

    I for one won't be changing unless theres a HUGE improvement over the current offerings but then again who knows...
     
  11. uiop. macrumors 68020

    uiop.

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI
    #11
    Of course, I like blowing a couple hundred bucks every year so Firefox will open a little quicker. I need to access my porno as fast as possible.
     
  12. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    #12
    You lucky bastard you!

    Mine uses a Dell but every time I turn my back she's on my mac. I keep asking her if she wants me to make the ultimate sacrifice by giving it to her (of course I'd have to get a new one) but she doesn't bite.

    I need to sabotage that Dell of hers running Vista but it's already taking 10 minutes to boot so what more can I do? :D
     
  13. Belm macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2009
    #13
    Yes indeed. Every second matters ;):D
     
  14. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

    DAMNiatx

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2009
    #14
    this the best comment ever!
     
  15. duky macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #15
    Still thinking about whether to upgrade my Unibody to the June 2009 MBP, so too early for me to be thinking about that. I'm craving that 6/7hr batt life but am very worried about whether or not it will play nice with my OCZ Vertex
     
  16. Matt Phoenix macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    #16
    Let's see: my last Mac was an iBook from early 2006 that I just gave to my girlfriend. It's still in really good shape and moves pretty quickly on 512MB of RAM (I had 1.5GB in there from OWC for awhile, but the stick went bad over a year ago. I believe it's sitting in a drawer now). And I'll probably upgrade the HD and RAM in my 13 inch MBP at some point. I don't see myself getting a new Mac until 2012. :-x
     
  17. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Location:
    Thule GL @ the TOW
    #17
    ...don't have a MBP but would consider getting one by then if the upgrades are worth it...
     
  18. Merzie macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    #18
    I won't upgrade because I'll be in school, and therefore putting my computer on ebay won't be an option at that time. However in the summer if the benchmarks are good and snow leopard runs much better on an arrandale, then I might get one then.
     
  19. cni2i macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    #19
    Absolutely not. Love my current uMBP 17". Will I be tempted...I am sure I will. BUT, I will wait until until the following major update...maybe at the end of 2010 or 2011?
     
  20. gan6660 macrumors 65816

    gan6660

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2008
    #20
    Im buying the 13inch MBP next week and wont upgrade for at least 2 years.
     
  21. Sound Evolution thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2007
    Location:
    Netherlands
    #21
    Dear,

    Now I start to feel odd.. since I will upgrade. But that is also because I have 2 red stucked pixels now and I hope for a more "perfect" machine next time. The same time I will feel guilty to sell a Macbook Pro with dead pixels :(

    With best regards,
    Bas
     
  22. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

    zw-gator

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2005
    Location:
    Canada
  23. nahsor macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2009
    #23
    Yeah! I am not upgrading next till quad core is perfected! Late 2012!
     
  24. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

    NovemberWhiskey

    Joined:
    May 18, 2009
    #24
    Can someone explain what Arrandale/Clarksfield [sic] mean? Are they just codenames for upcoming chips?

    I won't upgrade for another 3-4 years, unless something breaks. But I will upgrade the HDD to an SSD when a 512 gb capacity is affordable (under $700) and I may upgrade to 8 gb of Ram in the mean time to keep things speedy.
     

Share This Page