Will you upgrade to iPhone 5S from iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Traverse, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Will You Upgrade From the 4S to the 5S?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2013.
  1. Yeah, Why Not

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. No, Not This Time

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. I'm Still Not Sure

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I did a quick search through the top forum posts and didn't see this exact question.

I have the iPhone 4S and my contract is already up. I figured that I would be in love with the 5S: bigger screen (good enough for me), LTE, thinner, lighter, slightly better battery life, faster.

I don't trust the finger print scanner yet...

It seems like a no-brainer, yet I really don't feel compelled to upgrade. What are your opinions? Will you upgrade from your 4S?

My favorite "feature" is the new "Space Grey" color. I never really like the dark theme with the iPhone 5 and love the new contrast :D

2. viperGTS macrumors 68000

I plan on upgrading from a 4S to 5S. I don't feel "compelled" but I am considering the 5S. It had everything I wanted basically besides LTE-A, but I can wait for that. :D

3. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

I was going to, but after seeing that they did not increase the storage capacities, I will absolutely NOT upgrade.

My 4S works fine. There is absolutely nothing compelling to get me to jump into a 5C or 5S.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I, too, have the 4S. I'm not upgrading until next year.

5. drmikey macrumors member

I plan on upgrading from the 4S. Everything about it is an upgrade from the screen size, battery life, camera etc. The speed is huge when you look at their performance chart comparing all if the iPhones.

I think the sensor will work well knowing Apple isn't one to do something halfhearted, and will be a favorite feature not having to input my password multiple times a day (that's my hope).

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I have a 4S and will definitely be upgrading.

Will sell my existing phone and buy a 5S for another $100 or so.

Bryan

7. Traverse thread starter macrumors 604

Traverse

Wow, thanks everyone for the quick replies.

I actually really like to here other people's opinions. It helps get a perspective.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

As a 5 owner the larger screen was all it took for me (and LTE is excellent now that it's in my area). The 4(S) screen is just way too small now. But I have a friend that isn't upgrading because they didn't bump the size either. I don't get that one personally because he has the money to upgrade yearly (lives alone, make a ton of cash) but whatever.

9. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

10. Traverse thread starter macrumors 604

Traverse

Oops, sorry I missed it.

11. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I'm on the fence. Either upgrade now and enjoy a great phone, or wait for the 6 to have a redesign and a great phone. I only do every 2 years. So I have to decide... I still love my 4S.

12. andymodem macrumors 6502a

Yes, I will. The lock button is broken on my 4S and I'm tired of it being like that, so 5S it is. :D

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Nope. Nothing really compelling in the 5S. Actually quite disappointed. I'm seriously considering a GS4 and just keeping my 4S too. If I don't like it I can always switch back. However, I'm going to wait to try iOS7 out first as it may just enable me to feel good enough to keep the 4S and use it for another year.

14. user-name-here macrumors 65816

**** YES!

Besides, if you have an upgrade available and don't use it until next years iPhone you're simply throwing away $225.

15. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

No you're not, because you're not SPENDING the money this year, but waiting til next year. Not wasting money at all. :confused::confused:

16. capcaveman macrumors member

4S is going to get another year of use for me, very disappointed that there was no memory bump. I can't rely on cloud storage due to poor Internet service in many areas I visit.

Next year chances are they might actually innovate and have an even bigger screen, finally hit 128gb, and make me want an iPhone again. What a joke.

17. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I'm definitely upgrading. My 4S is only 16 GB, and I think I'm gonna go for 64 GB with the 5S.

18. thermal macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4.

If the 5s started at 32gb, definite upgrade. Now I'm thinking of waiting until the iPhone 6.

19. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I didn't see anything that blew me away. I'm going to fire AT&T and take my 4S to T Mobile for inexpensive service and wait for the 6.

20. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

No worries. No one responded to it anyway. Your thread has gotten some traction. :cool:

21. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Good grief, yes. I'm sitting with 16GB of storage and Verizon 3G. I'm probably going to go for the 64GB model because I cannot stand the lack of storage space. I really loved that much storage on my iPad 2 and sorta miss it on my iPad. But I don't cram all my music onto my iPad, nor do I need a lot of the "this is quite useful on the go" iPhone apps.

If you live in a 4G LTE area and don't see a reason to upgrade, you should find a friend nearby with it and do a speed test. I'm so over 3G.

22. Godzilla71 macrumors 6502a

Godzilla71

yes I am. :D I was planning on it regardless. I do wish the base model would have started at 32gb but It is not going to make me go stomping off in a tantrum and whining about getting some android phone or anything. I like the improvements and I am curious about the 64 bit architecture. I'm sure it will be a nice improvement over my 4s. :cool:

23. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

x2 ...

24. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I have a AT&T 4S on T-Mo and I think I might get the 5S just so I can get AWS HSPA+ support. Also, the FP sensor looks nifty.

25. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Verizon 3G is typically much slower than ATT or T Mobile 3G.