Will you wait for the relase of redesigned MBP in 2020 or buy a current one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KensaiMage, Jun 6, 2018.

  1. KensaiMage, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018

    KensaiMage macrumors regular

    KensaiMage

    Joined:
    May 25, 2017
  2. mripadmini macrumors regular

    mripadmini

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2013
    #2
    i wont buy one until they fix the keyboard issues and put a quad core in the 13inch.
     
  3. Mr. Dee macrumors 68000

    Mr. Dee

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Location:
    Jamaica
    #3
    Have no reason to upgrade since my Early 2015 is meeting my needs. Also, I have other expenses to think about, so, I will prioritize those over a new MacBook Pro, especially going into 2020.
     
  4. macduke macrumors G3

    macduke

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    Location:
    Central U.S.
  5. tubeexperience macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2016
    #5
    I definitely won't buy one until Apple fixes the keyboard.
     
  6. Falhófnir macrumors 68030

    Falhófnir

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2017
    #6
    My plan was to wait for Ice Lake for the battery side improvements - but that’s not going to be happening in 2019 now so I don’t know - 2020 means the first gen of a new design and 2021 is a really long wait, even if I’m not desperate now. Guess I will play it by ear, if people start to note an update this year or next gets meaningfully better light use battery life I might be tempted to dip my toe in and wait the supposed ARM transition out 2-3 gens. I’m pretty tepid on the idea of dropping significant cash on an intel machine when an architecture change could be coming though honestly.
     
  7. DeanPSN macrumors regular

    DeanPSN

    Joined:
    May 21, 2018
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    #7
    I have the 2017 15" TB, will definitely upgrade in 2020 after the new redesign, I always upgrade at each redesign, but I will wait couple months after release in case of any issues.
     
  8. robbietop macrumors regular

    robbietop

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2017
    Location:
    Good Ol' US of A
    #8
    Hope springs eternal, but be wary of waiting for something that may never come.
     
  9. Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    #9
    I ordered the 2017 variant. If the keyboard malfunctions, I’ll just have to complain at an Apple store that is out of stock for my computer. That way, I’ll get the 2018 version!!!
     
  10. CrazyForCashews macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2018
    #10
    Be smart, and don't get screwed by Apple.

    Buy a 2015 MacBook Pro and thank me later.
     
  11. MacBH928 macrumors 68030

    MacBH928

    Joined:
    May 17, 2008
    #11
    I would buy the 2015 model if possible. Just as good as the newer model, cheaper, better keyboard, more reliable, more ports.
     

Share This Page