Will you wait longer than july release of Mountain Lion to purchase new iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cypress822, Jun 14, 2012.

?

Will you wait longer than the July release of Mountain Lion to purchase a new iMac.

1. No. If the new iMac is not out by then, i will buy the 2011 iMac.

67 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. Yes...I will wait till after July if needed to buy a new 2012 iMac

151 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. cypress822 macrumors regular

***POLL***
    Will you wait longer than the July release of Mountain Lion to purchase a new iMac?

2. ds82 macrumors member

I'll wait as long as it takes ...

3. nagareru macrumors regular

I will wait for whatever comes first imac or mp.

4. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

5. xplnusa macrumors regular

my 09 iMac is still working fine. I'll wait for the new one to come out.

6. InlawBiker macrumors 6502

Waiting and will evaluate when the new specs are known.

If I needed a new computer right now I'd buy a 2011 and live with it.

7. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

8. InlawBiker macrumors 6502

Need = I have work to do and no way to do it. For me anyway.

9. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

I will wait into '13 if need be. I am curious about the new MP as well. My current iMac is getting long in tooth but still runs fine. Worst case, I can live with the new retina MBP.

10. boto macrumors 6502

boto

I'll wait until the world ENDS this year. (Although recent findings have shown that the Mayan calendar has been extended to millions of years before life on earth is eradicated)

On a serious note, I will only wait until the release of Mountain Lion, otherwise I will purchase a Retina MBP.

11. lucasfunkt macrumors 6502

I will wait if there are reliable rumours that a release is imminent after July.

However if there is no more promising news between now and the end of July I may be forced to make a purchase of some kind, probably 2011 iMac.

12. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

Still waiting for my XMac - with Snow leopard!

13. jmhart macrumors regular

Poll needs 3rd option...

I can't pick either of the available options, there needs to be a 3rd:

No. If the new iMac is not out by then, I will buy a PC from another manufacturer--Apple's not getting my money if they can't continue to deliver timely hardware updates.

14. lozpop macrumors 6502

No, I'll wait until Mountain Lion. If the iMac won't be released, I'll buy a MacBook Pro + Cinema Display.

15. ebolamonkey3 macrumors regular

ebolamonkey3

Yea, will wait for Ivy Bridge refresh. If there are large changes, I definitely want to get the new one. If there aren't large changes, then the Ivy refresh shouldn't take long anyways.

16. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

I am beginning to think that if there is long wait that the new iMac will be something special!

17. boyd1955 macrumors member

I'm already looking round at what else is out there ... My machine is crapping out on me and I need something reliable ... There's no getting away from the fact that I would prefer getting an iMac, I've worked on them for the past ten fifteen years. but I have no intention of buying something that is already past its sell by date ... Technology moves so fast and the ability to replace and upgrade internal hardware is something apple have really started to fall down on ... All very pretty but not very sensible these days
    I don't want a macbook pro ... I have no need of a laptop and its too small to work on and is overpriced ... A mac pro is frankly a joke lets be honest and is really out of date AND hideously overpriced
    Frankly apple are loosing it and becoming a bit of a toy company as far as I;m concerned :cool:
    So I think you really need to put "unless they pull their finger out I'll buy something else" in that poll

18. larryinca macrumors newbie

Even though it's running slow, my 8yr old PC is still working so I can wait.

19. CycloneX macrumors newbie

I would buy a 2011 iMac now if not for the fact I will be stuck with that CPU/GPU for the life of the computer. So, I'm willing to wait until July for what I hope will be even better CPU/GPU options, USB 3.0, etc.

20. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I didn't wait this long!

I bought a new iMac three months ago and loving every minute with it!

21. Tezcatlipoca macrumors regular

Tezcatlipoca

No.

If there's no 2012 iMac at/around the time of Mountain Lion, and no reliable news/speculation/rumours of a 2012 iMac coming *soon* after ML, then I'm just going to go ahead and buy a 2011 iMac.

This will be my first Mac, and I'm already getting quite impatient. I don't *need* Ivy Bridge and USB 3, etc., I'd just prefer to have a newer machine for my money.

I have to set myself some sort of deadline, otherwise I'll forever be waiting. "I'll wait for Mountain Lion...I'll wait for August...I'll wait for autumn...I'll wait for 2013..."

22. derf36 macrumors newbie

I've been waiting patiently since March so will keep waiting. Every Monday night I go to bed like it is Christmas eve thinking that tomorrow may be the day. It's getting painful but I'm in for the duration.

23. RebornTheGame macrumors member

RebornTheGame

Yes I am going to wait and keep using my crappy HP EliteBook 8740w until the new iMac release happens.

I've been using Windows PCs since 1995, but the halo effect of my ipod, iphone and ipad convinced me in March to make the change,

I let myself be swept along by the rumors and convinced myself the update just had to happen at WWDC and so suffered the let down badly (though I suspect not as badly as those looking for a MP update).

I am so impatient to start using OSX I suspect I'll get a MBP if the iMac isn't refreshed with ML (I'll be happy with the CPU and GPU upgrades and care not a jot about retina or a redesign). But then I'll still get the iMac when it is finally released... though after all of that my credit card is going to need a fire extinguisher.

I find myself in the curious position of being a born again Mac fan who is still using Windows (albeit reluctantly).

24. cypress822 thread starter macrumors regular

Almost 1/3rd are not going to wait past july mountain release date.

25. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

I'll wait until then to get my FIRST iMac.
    If it doesn't happen, I'll have to think very carefully whether to buy the existing one or some alternative.
    What I can't is be without a computer for longer than a couple of months.