Willing to pay* Guys please help, I've used search feature, still can't figure it out

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RaisinBranV8, May 7, 2009.

1. RaisinBranV8 macrumors newbie

I WILL HAPPILY PAYPAL WHOEVER HELPS ME FIX MY IPHONE A FEW BUCKS.

Wow, I'm super frustrated here guys. Any help would be great. I've had this problem for over a year. Just bought a new phone to replace it because I couldn't fix it originally. Well now that phone broke so I'm back to trying to fix my iPhone.

Ok. It was originally unlocked (not by me). Whenever I try to turn my phone on, it loads the apple logo, and then restarts, and back to the apple logo, etc etc. I can't even remember everything I tried doing to fix it when it first happened. All of the obvious restarts/restores etc. I may have also downloaded some firmware or software whatever it is. (Obviously I don't really know what I'm talking about here:cool:) But now when I plug it into iTunes, iTunes says "iTunes cannot activate you iPhone because the SIM card is not inserted or a SIM PIN is required. Disconnect your iPhone, make sure the SIM card is inserted correctly and, if you use a SIM PIN, tap Unlock to enter it, and then reconnect you iPhone." Well like I said, this was an unlocked phone, and I only have a T-Mobile SIM card. If I borrow someones' AT&T SIM card and put it in my phone would that fix it? I'm considering just shipping it to someone and have them fix it, but I don't want to pay them if they won't be able to.

Thanks guys,

Brandon

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Download and run quickpwn. You have to, since you don't have an AT&T sim. IM me from the link on my profile, and I can offer more assistance. :) Quickpwn will "hacktivate" the phone, so it doesn't require a sim card to be inserted.