Win7 Ate 24.5GB of a 30GB Partition???

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ANlMAL, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ANlMAL macrumors newbie

So I really wanted to play guild wars two and decided I would add a Windows 7 Bootcamp partition.

Everything went super smoothly, for real. That is until I tried to install GW2 and I got the error message saying there was only 5.5BG of free space.

So I am like WTF? Really?

I did run the Gw2Setup.exe two times and it opened, ran for a few secs, asked to make changes to my computer and then disappeared. I looked everywhere to see if it had allocated space for something being downloaded and found notta. I am not really sure what to think.

I installed W7 and then the Utilities disk made by Boot Camp Assistant and that is it, honest!

Thoughts? Just erase the partition and start over?

2. simsaladimbamba

Look for TreeSize Professional or similar programs to find, where your storage capacity is gone to.

3. ANlMAL, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012

ANlMAL thread starter macrumors newbie

Im on it, thanks. I will let you guys know if this sorts me out.

Cheers!

----------

8,167.5mb pagefile.sys
    6,125.8mb hiberfil.sys

these look like the culprits to me. . .

W7 is 11,394.8mb, which seems a bit large but perhaps not unordinary.

Thoughts?

EDIT 1: I fixed the 8gb pagefile.sys by selecting 'no paging file' as I feel good that the 8gb of ram will keep things running smoothly. Any thoughts?

EDIT #2: I fixed the hiberfil.sys by opening the Command Prompt, running it as the Admin and typing 'powercfg - h off' which turned off hibernation and deleted the file.

So problem solved, I am off to install GW2.

simsaladimbamba, a big thanks!