Win7/win8 scaling issue on monitor out

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KipCoon, Jan 19, 2013.

1. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

Anyone have a solution for the scaling issue with win7/win8 for a MBP (2011) that occurs when using HDMI out to a monitor?
    Monitor is an Asus 1080p monitor, and this happened on win7, but I just did a win8 install and it rolled over with it. Resolution says its at 1920x1080 but I have 1" borders. Cannot install catalyst software on the MBP, ati/amd says its not compatible, I have a radon HD 6xxx series.

Can anyone suggest a solution? :confused:

2. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

188 views and no suggestion? :< Surely someone else has win 8 on boot camp and a 1080p monitor?

3. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

Well first and obvious question. You do have all the latest apple drivers right?

4. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

That link, like so many others Ive read over, is not useful in this instance because AMD's website will not let me download catalyst drives for my Macbook. I looked through many web searches before posting this question here.

And to the other poster: Yes I have the latest apple drivers, I've searched up and down int he menus for any sort of scaling option, but I'm baffled by this. :confused:

5. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

Anyone? Im truly stuck on this and the 1" border is driving me nuts. Sadly theres just a few things I *have* to run in Windows =\

6. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon