Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
I just heard - microsoft is claiming the virus is actually pirated software, and everyone who gets it must pay them $499 for the license. Apparantly the software assists users in moving to a better platform.

;)

shyataroo

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2003
Hell... Wanna join me?
and just think anyone who is stupid enough to buy a Dell XPS 600 "Renegade" Edition will get all butt hurt cause an image executed a command to spin the hard drive up faster than what is safe and it melted. 2GB of VRAM or not its still a pille of junk after that. (not to mention its a dell... and we all know how bad dell is)

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
keysersoze said:
I think the easiest and safest solution is to:

1. Unplug the PC
2. Stick it in the corner

Just my 2 cents.

I use PCs all the time but your solution works. That Windows OS suffers so much so just don't use it. As a programmer I see that they have just totally stuffed it. A case of 'Shuting the gate after the horse has bolted'. I hope Mac OSX is secure as now it is growing in popularity, with more and more people using Macs, hackers may start to look for faults in OSX Unix. Hope not. Fingers crossed.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Stormchild69 said:
I use PCs all the time but your solution works. That Windows OS suffers so much so just don't use it. As a programmer I see that they have just totally stuffed it. A case of 'Shuting the gate after the horse has bolted'. I hope Mac OSX is secure as now it is growing in popularity, with more and more people using Macs, hackers may start to look for faults in OSX Unix. Hope not. Fingers crossed.

They HAVE been. Synaptec (spelling?) offered something like $50,000 to anyone to write the first OS X virus. It hasn't been claimed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.