Windows Phone 7.5 ( mango ) is amazing all they need is nice Phone hardware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bonds79, May 21, 2011.

1. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

So is Android, so is iOS, so is WebOS... :rolleyes:

What's your point?

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

4. Bonds79, May 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  5. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

Decent but nothing that I find "amazing". All I see is the inevitable continuous maturation of an OS that is in its infancy.

6. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Not anymore my friend.

It has now become the, come see what is better than the iPhone/iOS forum.

8. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Jobs must be seething seeing Google and Microsoft show off their OS's that are carbon copies of iOS in terns of navigation. Until 2007 and the first iPhone no one had seen, let alone used, the likes of pinch and pull to zoom in/out, double tap to focus on one area, etc. Now it's demoed in rival OS's without shame.

I'll say one thing for Windows mobile interface though ... it's very fluid.

9. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Looks really impressive, personally I'm just waiting until at least next year to go to WP7 as I'll just stay with iOS and Android this year, but that looks sweet!

10. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

You do realize things like double tap to zoom in were around years BEFORE the iphone came out (windows mobile)....

11. nednarm macrumors 6502

So? Windows Phone 7 does better in a HTML 5 speed test than iPhone 4 and Android? How do we know this test wasn't made specifically for this device? Benchmarks like this are often really misleading and do not correlate to real world use.

12. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I agree with you...especially considering the site they ran the test on is microsoft's site http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/SpeedReading/default.html

13. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I remember when Macrumors forums were to talk about Apple/Mac products. Views, asking for help, ideas, etc. Now it's as bad as Engadget. People who don't own them, or people who think they're "Techys", but really aren't to spout off about how bad Apple is, or how much better their stuff is.

Just goes to show you how shallow they are, and jealous they don't have Apple products.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think WP7 has a lot going for it, but it just hasn't gotten any traction with the consumers. I'm not sold on the interface either, I wonder if that is a reason as well.

15. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

And I bet it was just amazingly fluid and intuitive eh?

People, fans of non-iOS devices, need to realise that the iPhone gave you those devices you treasure so much, it paved the way.

I now await the marking down of my post by the rabid Android/Windows mobile users. :rolleyes:

16. nednarm macrumors 6502

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

spoken by a rapid iPhone user :rolleyes:

18. Fesan macrumors member

Mac Pro 2010, 6 core 3,33ghz, 10 gb RAM and ATI Radeon 5860 with 1gig memory on 20mbit wifi internet.

Safari: 3fps
    Opera: 10fps

Yeah, fair test.

19. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Why don't mods lock or move fail threads like this?

Here I come to MacRumors iPhone forum for.....get this....iPhone information.

Yet I keep reading about samsung, android, and now windows phone. :rolleyes:

20. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

That's because Apple hasn't done anything with the iPhone in nearly a year (and soon to be nearly a year and a half). That plays right into the hands of all the other phone makers who want to pit their phone against the mighty iPhone 4.

21. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Spectacular fail thanks to the spelling error.

Do you honestly believe that we'd have the Android devices as they are now, had the iPhone never happened? Android turned into what it became thanks to Schmidt sitting on the Apple board hoovering up ideas.

22. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    I was using flick scrolling and slide-in windows in enterprise apps before the iPhone came out. Should I be mad, too? Hardly. I'm glad that Apple brought out what most people had only seen in labs or one-off solutions.

Double-tap zoom was partially taken from the Netfront mobile browser, which a lot of us used on WinMo and other systems. Apple even acknowledges the Netfront patent within the iPhone patent.

Pinch is decades old. As for its use in multitouch phones, it was announced for a Linux based phone two months before the iPhone was shown. See the demo picture used in an article below. Of course, since it wasn't from Apple, few except those of us in the business paid attention.

Attached Files:

23. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

How you are not banned? Do you donate money or something :confused:

I don't understand how such a blatantly obvious apple hater is allowed to troll here.

24. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Sorry I do not see anything in that post that points out he is an Apple hater. He is given obvious facts that you can't accept? So anything Apple puts into phones is automatically new even though it existed prior to Apple's introduction, huh?

25. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Right... a MacRumors DemiGod who has been a member since 2007 with 8x as many posts as you do should be banned for posting facts?
    If anything, I enjoy reading kdarling's informative and nonbiased posts.