Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wulliwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Hello, i installed Boot camp 1.1.1 on my macbook. All the process of instalation was succesful, then i restart the machine hold the option button, and the menu appear: mac or windows......i select windows and begin, runs awesome.

At this point every is cool, but some times when restart or turn on the machine and select work whit windows: the logotipe of windows appear whit his respective bar, but at the moment when the screen turn black for the subsequent message of windows "welcome" (on blue color), some times this message dont appear. This is some extrange maybe of every 5 times, 1 time windows dont launch and remains on black screen after of haven seen the window logotipe (I must maintain pressed the power button for shutdown the macbook).

If someone have the solution for this problem plz help me, this is frustrating (aside of the random shutdown of my macbook :( )

Retired
May 16, 2006
Wulliwolf said:
(aside of the random shutdown of my macbook :( )

Don't know about windows, but apple have acknowledged random shutdown, and will replace your macbook for free. Who knows, maybe your replacement macbook will work with windows. Be quick, don't put it off, or before you know it, your warranty will run out.

Wulliwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2006
psychofreak said:
Don't know about windows, but apple have acknowledged random shutdown, and will replace your macbook for free. Who knows, maybe your replacement macbook will work with windows. Be quick, don't put it off, or before you know it, your warranty will run out.

Thx for the advice. Did you know what probabilities exist of replace a new macbook whit the same problem (random Shutdown)????

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wulliwolf said:
Hello, i installed Boot camp 1.1.1 on my macbook. All the process of instalation was succesful, then i restart the machine hold the option button, and the menu appear: mac or windows......i select windows and begin, runs awesome.

At this point every is cool, but some times when restart or turn on the machine and select work whit windows: the logotipe of windows appear whit his respective bar, but at the moment when the screen turn black for the subsequent message of windows "welcome" (on blue color), some times this message dont appear. This is some extrange maybe of every 5 times, 1 time windows dont launch and remains on black screen after of haven seen the window logotipe (I must maintain pressed the power button for shutdown the macbook).

If someone have the solution for this problem plz help me, this is frustrating (aside of the random shutdown of my macbook :( )

Do you have flash drives or anything in your computer. Sometimes this has happened to me, and it was all because I was using an external flash drive.

Wulliwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2006
imacintel said:
That's Windows XP for you.

I dont understand if its a question or asseveration, but if its a question: yes im speaking of windows XP SP2.

Wulliwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2006
benthewraith said:
Do you have flash drives or anything in your computer. Sometimes this has happened to me, and it was all because I was using an external flash drive.

Just an external optic mouse (logitech) and the power adapter.

Wulliwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2006
benthewraith said:
Ah...that could do it. Is the mouse USB or Bluetooth

Well for the mouse i have the solution: just unplug. But for the bluetooth??? what i have to do??

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
If its a windows error keeping you from fully booting up Windows, this might be of some help in determining the cause.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

Recovery Settings
One of the things that is quite different about Windows XP compared to Windows 9x (9x is shorthand for Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Me in all their various versions), is that one can control how it responds to certain critical errors—those that cause the infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error occurs. If that fatal error only occurs when you're shutting down, the system reboots automatically.

If you haven't changed any of the system failure settings, you should be able to see the error by looking in the Event Log. But a better long-term solution is to turn off the automatic reboot so you can actually see the error when it happens—chances are it will tell you enough about itself to let you troubleshoot further. To change the recovery settings to disable automatic rebooting:

1.Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2.Click the Advanced tab.
3.Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4.Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5.Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

BuickGS65

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2006
Same thing happens to me...

I have a MacBook pro.... I had it set to load Windows XP automatically. Sometimes when I turn it on, Windows will not load. It just goes to a blank black screen...

It has happened twice in the 25 times or so I've turned on my Mac.

When it loads only the blank screen I hold down the power button until it turns off, then I restart --- then Windows will load fine.

Anyone else had this happen??????

Solution?????? Or is that "Just Windows XP for ya"

Thanks

Nick T.

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
SoCal
BuickGS65 said:
Anyone else had this happen??????
Thanks
I've been getting the black screen after the initial WinXP screen about once every 20 times on my Mac mini. A PITA!

Less frequently the mini fails to respond to holding the Option key at restart and boots into OS X - - no boot device select screen. Also a PITA!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I've found that if I have USB hardware plugged into the MBP at the time of boot (via BootCamp), sometimes Windows will hang during the boot process. If I make sure there's no USB devices plugged in, I don't have the problem at all.

Nick T.

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
SoCal
yellow said:
I've found that if I have USB hardware plugged into the MBP at the time of boot (via BootCamp), sometimes Windows will hang during the boot process. If I make sure there's no USB devices plugged in, I don't have the problem at all.
Thanks yellow - - I'll give that a try.

BuickGS65

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2006
"Most commonly, the issue was with Microsoft optical mice. Go figure..."

----
Yellow ---- I have a usb Microsoft brand optical mouse plugged into a 4-port usb hub... Thanks must be it...

THANKS

Nick T.

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
SoCal
I've been using a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard for Mac and a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse with the USB MS Wireless Receiver plugged directly into the Mac mini.

The only non-Microsoft Kbd/Mouse combo that I have are a USB Apple Kbd and Mighty Mouse. I really prefer the curved keyboard layout and IMO the mouse sucks big time, but starting tomorrow I'll give them a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.