Windows user with 2.0.2jb/unlocked, how many of you are waiting for the go for 2.1jb?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kidwithshirt, Sep 14, 2008.

1. kidwithshirt macrumors member

Hey. I have been browsing since friday and there are mixed feelings about whether this is doable or not.

I bet a lot of you are in the same boat as me because you are waiting for the confirmation from the "official" people.

Well, I just want to upgrade + jb (i heard you still keep your unlock so i wont ask for this) + activate to 2.1. Because I want genius pretty bad and I heard performance is improved massively

Anyway, if any of you doubter have tried something that works, please post to share.

I am on
    1st gen
    Vista
    iTunes 8
    2.0.2 jb

downloading 2g firmware from apple right now, have no idea what to do.

waiting for the go.

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Upgrade to 2.1, and then run winpwn. Super Easy, should take less then 20 minutes.

3. bushido Suspended

bushido

winpwn isnt updated yet, it doesnt work with 2.1 but i uploaded the custom pwned firmware of 2.1 on rapidshare (look in another topic) and u'll find what ur looking for

4. kidwithshirt thread starter macrumors member

see, this is what i am afraid of.

one person says A then this person says B. and each one appears to be more correct than the other.

argh.

5. Lincx macrumors member

Lincx

Waiting for WinPwn is pretty lame.
    DevTeam gets their updates pretty quick, but i cant complain because the program is great.
    Hope to see it soon, as for me.
    Im waiting, dont wana upgrade and be stuck with the ugly stock icons. :rolleyes:

6. kidwithshirt thread starter macrumors member

screw it i am going with this guide

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=562018

i just want to get it done over the weekends so i can listen to music with genius on my busrides on weekdays.

most people are pretty happy with it.