Wine and Beer Enthusiasts

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Had a rather interesting stout this weekend by Garage Brewing Co; Marshmallow Milk Stout. It was pretty darn tasty and yup, you can really taste the marshmallows in this one. Nice hint of chocolate and coffee to boot. I liked it so much so that I purchased another bottle. This is one of those stouts that is good with a little bit of a chill to it and it holds up as it warms just a little. I did like it on the colder side though. Big ole thumbs up on this one.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

JamesMike

macrumors demi-god
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Enjoying a Smithwicks Red Ale while finalizing the Super Bowl party this Sunday. Three former UN co-workers and five of my English neighbors are looking forward to the event.

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Picked up a couple of new items today, one was purely due to the name, but it's from an outstanding brewery, well reviewed, and a favorite style, so it was a win-win. The other I saw, looking for the aforementioned, it's spectacular and a less common purchase, so a really fun changeup to the beer fridge.

IMG_6585 2_1200.jpg

OK, yes, that's a Portrait mode, hahaha, the camera has gotten pretty smart about properly handling non-human content :D

From the left:

Lagunitas - Lucky 13 Mondo Large Red Ale, 8.8% ABV, 77 IBU

Sweet, complex maltiness, a deep copper color, smooth and creamy like the best red ales, but then it busts out a big hoppy surprise (note teh 77 IBU).

Cigar City - Florida Man Double IPA, 8.5% ABV, 80 IBU

Very solid IPA, less middle malty than say, their own Jai Alai, and more up front piney/bitter hoppiness, definitely solid, and __extra__ points for the name and description:

The world needs heroes, and in our home state of Florida only a very special hero will do. A hero with a shark tooth around his neck, a Grim Reaper tattoo on his arm, and a rap sheet longer than his mama’s mustache. A hero who’s forgotten more about amateur taxidermy and alligator rasslin’ than you’ll ever know. What better way to pay tribute to our beloved Florida Man than with a big ol’ Double India Pale Ale brewed with a nearly-criminal amount of hops and a moderate bitterness that just about matches Florida Man’s general disposition. This hopped-up whopper of a beer is big in character and guaranteed to sear itself into your memory, just like “the world’s worst superhero,” Florida Man.

:p

Reactions: Scepticalscribe