Winning the lottery makes you vote for Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dogslobber, Oct 27, 2018.

1. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

If I won the lottery, I certainly wouldn't become a stupid man's minion.

3. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

I'm willing to prove that would never be me. I just need the winning numbers for tonight's $750 million Power Ball drawing.

4. BorderingOn macrumors 6502

Please quote the part of the story that states what you claim.

Not everyone is hopelessly beholden to whatever garbage candidate their preferred party decides to nominate.

5. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Makes sense - if you win the lottery you join the class that the GOP works for.

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Win the 3 million dollar state lottery and you will have more capital in hand than all of President Con's whole family.

7. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I would buy Twitter with my Lotto billions. And then I would perma-ban a stupid orange man.

8. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Exactly, people with money who doesn't want to be part of a social community. Funny enough, this class is just a minority of the people who actually vote for them.

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

This should be a good reason for Alabama to institute a lottery. /s

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Not really surprising people who win the lottery might turn towards more right wing ideology. Generally the wealthier cohorts of America affiliate more with the Republican Party as its financially beneficial. Lower taxes means being able to hold onto more of your money.

Personally, the lottery is a pretty disgusting concept to be endorsed by the government. I find it rather unethical for the state to profit largely off the backs of people who really can’t afford to buy lottery tickets and will never win big or break even. I can only imagine the financial situation of the average regular ticket buyer. I have a relative who is the President of a well known sweepstakes/lottery and has heavily profited from frankly stupid people who have thrown their money into at times an arguably deceptive program. And he’s well aware of what they’re doing.

I’ve personally never purchased a lottery ticket in my life and have no intention of doing so.

11. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

State lotteries are a scam by government. They are extremely regressive taxes falsely peddled as a way to increase the education budget. But instead of increasing the education budget, the current funding is funneled off and funding for education remains the same or even drops.

12. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I don’t disagree, but it’s plain as day that the DNC leadership answers to the same class but a different faction of it.