Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhyzome

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Might anyone recommend a waterproof (or sweat proof/ipx rated, a la the Backbeat Fit) set of bluetooth earbuds/phones that have a wire-free charging mechanism (like the charging case of the bragis, or some kind of dock). I'm basically looking for a Backbeat Fit with a better charging mechanism that is easier on the hands than uncovering a hidden usb-port, making sure the wire is not going in the wrong way and plugging it in, etc).

Anyone know of such a thing? Are Apple's next wireless earbuds with their charging case rumored to be waterproof like the phone as well?

rhyzome

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
I suppose the latest Bragi's that everyone's been talking about are the closest thing--waterproof, wireless, and wire-free charging. Though they are overkill for my purposes (given all of their "smart" functions) and I suspect they include those extras at the cost of battery life (only 3 hrs, if I remember correctly). (heh bump)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.