Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I just got off of the horn with a Verizon rep who of course tried to sell me on buying an iPhone from her right then. I politely declined and informed her that I would be stopping by Walmart later to get the phone, as they have stock.

She then copy+pasted (obviously) this line about being weary of upgrading with 3rd party vendors b/c they can add stipulations and red tape to VZW contracts? Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced this? Or is it just VZW B.S.?

Thanks

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
verizon rep wasn't bsing you. The third party resellers get charged back from the carrier up to 6 months if the consumer cancels early (or downgrade your plan in the old days), so they do indeed charge their own ETF on top of Verizon's.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
verizon rep wasn't bsing you. The third party resellers get charged back from the carrier up to 6 months if the consumer cancels early (or downgrade your plan in the old days), so they do indeed charge their own ETF on top of Verizon's.

I guess not BS'ing, but since I never leave early, it doesn't really affect me either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.