Wireless keyboard/mouse battery ¿?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by the vj, Apr 16, 2009.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

Hi guys

How long does the batery last?

I have my new mac mini that I use probably an hour a week, I have the mini attached to a Philips 3D screen and I use the wireless k/m to control the system from a distance.

Now, the keyboard has an ON button but I do not know if it shuts itself off after a while.

I had the old wireless keyboard and the batery lasted a month, I wonder with such little use how long this bateries will last or how this new model saves batery life.

Thank you very much

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

To test if it's off, press the caps lock key, if the light doesn't come on, it's off, but IIRC, OSX tells it to turn off anyway, or at least puts it in a hibernation kind of state when you shutdown.

3. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

I use Duracell batteries in my wireless mighty mouse and they last about 6 months.

--Eric

4. marcre macrumors regular

marcre

regular alkaline batteries will last about a month with a lot of use.

I use the lithium ion (I think that's what they are) and they last about 6 months. I only have the wireless mouse. I leave it on all the time usually too.

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Sorry forgot to chime in, I use my mac daily, have 2000mha rechargeables, get about 1-2 months use out of them.

6. macgrl macrumors 65816

My wireless keyboard batteries died last week after being use for 6 months. Lifespan is obviously related to use but I would think that they shoud last for 4 months. The best thing to do is to use rechargeable batteries that is what I am going to do:)