Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Hi guys

How long does the batery last?

I have my new mac mini that I use probably an hour a week, I have the mini attached to a Philips 3D screen and I use the wireless k/m to control the system from a distance.

Now, the keyboard has an ON button but I do not know if it shuts itself off after a while.

I had the old wireless keyboard and the batery lasted a month, I wonder with such little use how long this bateries will last or how this new model saves batery life.

Thank you very much

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
To test if it's off, press the caps lock key, if the light doesn't come on, it's off, but IIRC, OSX tells it to turn off anyway, or at least puts it in a hibernation kind of state when you shutdown.

ewilson6

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2006
I use Duracell batteries in my wireless mighty mouse and they last about 6 months.

--Eric

marcre

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
East coast
regular alkaline batteries will last about a month with a lot of use.

I use the lithium ion (I think that's what they are) and they last about 6 months. I only have the wireless mouse. I leave it on all the time usually too.

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
My wireless keyboard batteries died last week after being use for 6 months. Lifespan is obviously related to use but I would think that they shoud last for 4 months. The best thing to do is to use rechargeable batteries that is what I am going to do:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.