Wireless Photo Transfer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferrino, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Ferrino macrumors newbie

Just got a 4S and love the ability to wirelessly transfer music and videos from iTunes on my Macbook to my iPhone (when they are both connected to my home wifi network).

Is there any way I can do the same with photos? i.e. drag-n-drop images on my iphone "camera roll" to my macbook/itunes?

Many thanks!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I can't recommend PhotoSync enough. Quick and easy. Did I mention easy? :D

Seriously, it's worth the .99 or whatever it costs. It makes transferring video or photos simple.

4. heyloo macrumors 6502

Photo Transfer App works great as well. I use it on my iPhone and iPad, and use it to transfer it back and forth from both iOS devices and with my PC & Mac.

I actually haven't heard of PhotoSync, I should check it out. :)

5. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

PhotoSync is nicer, easier and has more features. Worth it. I just deleted Photo Transfer tonight as I no longer use it.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Photostream? :confused:

7. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

8. heyloo macrumors 6502

Yeap I use PhotoStream on my Windows machine. Once you set it up, you get a PhotoStream folder in your Pictures folder along with an Upload folder where you can add pictures to your PhotoStream. Works great and handy.

Actually, OP, I guess you could use PhotoStream after all :)

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I found that with PhotoStream, the photos don't appear on iPhone right away... really annoying.

So I've gone back to using Dropbox.

10. BerGaur macrumors regular

BerGaur

Photosteam, good...

My wife and I use photostream all the time, sometimes to send picture messages even. We have found no problem with the delay. The other devices will get them when they get them, and they always get them. It works great, and as long as you practice a little patience you will have something that came free on all you devices and even on your computer as long as it is Windows or Lion... P.S. Upgrading to Lion is only $30 and there is a lot more than just iCloud on it.

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Though dropbox is good. The difference between them is dropbox is manual and photostream is automatic.

11. Jigga macrumors 6502

What does Photosync to that Dropbox doesn't?
    Could it add photos to a camera roll from a PC?