Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhkader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
Thus far I am only able to find one router that offers a printer port on a wireless router (Vigor 2600G - see http://www.draytek.co.uk). Unfortunately the release date has been delayed again (now due end 4q 2004). Furthermore, the Drayteks are pricey.

Does anyone have any idea on another option where I can print remotely to my Epson printer (USB) from a Powerbook and also an HP nx7000 notebook.

I notice that Linksys offers wireless printer ports - how does this work and will it work with another brand of wireless router? That way I can use a USR wireless router and have the printer elsewhere.

nhkader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
Thanks for the prompt response. Indeed you are right. Trust Apple to be ahead of the game. I did not even think about the Apple Airport router - automatically looked at the others.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Originally posted by nhkader
Thanks for the prompt response. Indeed you are right. Trust Apple to be ahead of the game. I did not even think about the Apple Airport router - automatically looked at the others.
You'll have to check Airport's USB compatibility list. If you're lucky, both printers will be supported.

nhkader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
Just checked the Airport base station poste and it seems that the wireless printing will NOT work for PC's.

Back to the search again.........

Looking for a wireless router to allow printing for both Mac and PC.

alternative may be to go for wireless print server WPS54GU2 from Linksys - anybody with any experience on this product?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.