Wis. dad of dead girl says he trusted God to heal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by spaceboots06, Jul 31, 2009.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Horrible. :(

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5idOw7yXOoyaU14MWjkJIllXXjMoQD99OAUDO1

2. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves, contend in vain." -- Heinlein (I think).

Faith does not excuse criminal neglect of a child. To stand there and watch your child die... no words for it. None that are printable here, anyways.

They need to be prosecuted, pour encourager les autres if for no other reason.

3. madog macrumors 65816

madog

I hate these kinds of people.

That's all I'm gonna say about it lest I put in Time Out.

4. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

What disturbs me:

"...he believed God would heal her and that he thought she was simply sleeping when she became unconscious."

Because God needs to heal sleeping people?

5. Queso macrumors G4

Oh just lock them both up, preferably in a home for the criminally stupid :rolleyes:

6. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Yes. Of puberty. Which, as everyone who has been through puberty knows, makes you slow and weak.

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

He knew she was sick. He just thought she was sleeping. I'm not defending him but you can be sick and asleep at the same time.

8. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Point taken, but, "Her condition deteriorated, and by the day before her death, he said, Madeline could not walk or talk."

I would be fully afraid if my daughter could not walk or talk. I would be even more afraid if she could neither walk nor talk and wanted to go to sleep.

9. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

If he believes in God, then he should've realized that God's will is not man's will - and that faith is an action not a noun. :)

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I hope he goes to jail for a long time. Maybe he can pray to god to heal his cornhole after his cell mate Bubba has his way with him.

11. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

13. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

God, huh? He sure seems to work.. about 50% of the time. Almost like everything is a big coincidence, huh? :rolleyes:

14. Axl Rose macrumors regular

Quoted For Effect.

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah that's true but there are some simple rules?

Breathing + not moving = asleep or unconcious. If they don't wake up when you tickle them then call a doctor.

Not breathing + not moving = most likely dead. Call the ambos.

The cure for dead is not gathering in a group and praying.

Idiocy at it's absolute worst.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

God is letting thousands of children die all of the time, what a dick.

17. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

There was a man that lived by the river. He heard a radio report that the river was going to rush up and flood the town, and that the all the residents should evacuate their homes. But the man said, "I'm religious. I pray. God loves me. God will save me."

The waters rose up. A guy in a rowboat came along and he shouted, "Hey you in there. The town is flooding. Let me take you to safety." But the man shouted back, "I'm religious. I pray. God loves me. God will save me."

A helicopter was hovering overhead and a guy with a megaphone shouted, "Hey you down there. The town is flooding. Let me drop this ladder and I'll take you to safety." But the man shouted back that he was religious, that he prayed, that God loved him and that God will take him to safety.

The waters rose over the man's house and he drowned. And standing at the gates of heaven he demanded an explanation from God.

"Lord," he said, "I'm a religious man, I pray, I thought you loved me. Why didn't you save me?"

God replied, "I sent you a radio report, a helicopter and a guy in a rowboat. What more did you want?"

18. djellison macrumors 68020

Because it's 'god' rather than some other random made up deity - it avoids being classified as an actual diagnosable psychiatric condition. But that's what it is. It's dangerous.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

One of the rare occasions when I agree with you.

20. emt1 macrumors 65816

Us Wisconsinites are not all like that! Just in case anyone was wondering... We convicted him afterall