Wis. Gov Walker says he won't defend Domestic Partnerships - says unconstitutional

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, May 16, 2011.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well isn't that interesting. For all the carping that the GOP does about Obama refusing to defend DOMA because he thinks it is unconstitutional, now we have one of their own doing the same thing over gays as well:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110516/us-domestic-partnerships/

I don't want to hear anymore Republicans whine over Obama not defending DOMA then. If it's good enough for one of them to do, then it should be good for a Dem to do as well, right?

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I still don't understand why there are still people who are willing to deny rights like these. In 2011. In America. I just can't wrap my head around it.

3. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

Gov Walker seems to like stripping people off their rights.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I really hope the people of Wisconsin get rid of this scumbag.

5. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I think the republicans are grasping at straws. DADT is now history, and for the first time the polls show that the majority of americans support gay marriage. They know it's just a matter of time until the laws are changed on a federal level to grant gays marriage rights and they're scared to death of it.