Wish the volume speakers were on the top of the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ogie27, May 31, 2010.

1. ogie27 macrumors newbie

Don't you guys think having the speakers on the top or sides of the
    ipad would be better?

2. ogie27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a bottom?

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

I guess you didn't take the time to watch any of the promotional videos or keynote.

4. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

It appears you did not understand my minimalist answer. I will therefore explain it more carefully....

Turn. It. Over. The iPad screen rotates. Top becomes bottom, bottom becomes top.

Therefore, it would have made zero difference had Apple placed the speakers on the opposite end from their current position.

5. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

Perhaps if you explained why having the speakers on the other side would be better we could understand.

Do you think it's reasonable for Apple to design products that must suit every user?

Also, are you referring to the speakers or the volume buttons?

6. felt. macrumors 6502a

3 speakers would be cool, so it could have stereo sound in landscape and portrait

7. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

If you want the speakers on "top" flip it over. Tada! Problem solved.

Next n00b please.

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

No. Omnidirectional. You say top, I say bottom. You say tomato, I say tomato.

9. xraytech macrumors 68030

Speaker Bottom
    [​IMG]

Speaker Left
    [​IMG]

Speaker Top
    [​IMG]

Speaker Right
    [​IMG]

I don't mean to be snarky, but if you think about it there's no top bottom or sides to the iPad. It can function in all four orientations.

Maybe if you rephrased the title of your thread. Perhaps, "Wish the iPad had stereo speakers"

10. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Thank You!!!! X 1837916381992 to the power of 10

11. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I feel some of the pain on the volume button location.

If you're using a case which has a stand feature, in landscape you're more than likely stuck with the volume buttons on the underside. Fortunately I'm using iPhone earbuds which have a built-in volume control, so not too much of a problem when out and about...

12. parish macrumors 65816

parish

When I use mine in portrait I use it "upside-down" as I find having the Home button easier to use at the top, which puts the speaker at the top. I kind of see where the OP is coming from though, using it with the speaker at the bottom tends to muffle the sound if you are resting the iPad on your lap.

13. gazwas macrumors member

gazwas

Mmm, interesting replies to the OP's original post. Interesting in that it makes you realise the demographic of people who post replies in these forums lately. :(

I understand your position. If your using the iPad on your lap and you've locked the screen in portrait mode and you suddenly need sound it obviously gets muffled. Easy to flip around and solve but a valid observation all the same.
    As an iPhone user going to the iPad there is a natural way you use the iPad and yes, the speaker ends up on the bottom. For the majority of right handed people the speaker would be best positioned along the volume button side but I suppose this wouldn't look as visually pleasing. :cool: