With 2.1, is it a good time to buy a 3G phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by random person, Sep 14, 2008.

1. random person macrumors 6502a

I have an original iPhone and held off upgrading to the 3G because of all the issues. I've installed 2.1 on my iPhone and it's all goodness so far!

So my question for current 3G owners is this: Now that 2.1 has been released, it is a good time to buy the 3G phone? Is the 3G ready for prime time now?

2. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yes, this is the version that should have been there from the start. The beta feeling is gone.

3. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I never had any problems recommending the 3G iPhone before and since this improves it in so many ways I can only recommend it more? Yea, sure. Go buy it now.

4. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

I was holding off as well, but since 2.1 improved my 1st Gen iPhone so much I'm pretty sure I will pick up a 3G within a couple weeks.

5. random person thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, I finally think I'm there. I'm less interested in the 3G aspect than I am in some of the other features -- more storage, no need to use headphone adaptor, better audio (I use UE11Pro earphones, so that's important to me), and hopefully, even better battery life than my current phone (with 3G only enabled when I need it, which wouldn't be often). I may buy one this week!

6. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Same here. It's ALWAYS been a good time to buy an iPhone. No, the phone isn't perfect, but none of the dozen phones I've owned in the past 10 years have been. It's still FAR superior to any other phone I've used overall - even with the minor glitches.

7. Aznsensation45 macrumors regular

It's def. time for you to join...the feeling is incredible:D

8. jableskg macrumors regular

Yeah now would be the time to go ahead and buy.. All of us were beta testers and its safe to say that all is good now..

Hopefully they can add some more features to the phone for all the trouble that we had to endure now that the major problems are somewhat gone.