With all the 4S leaks and no 5 leaks, could we see just one phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CAWjr, Oct 3, 2011.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Over the last few days we have seen a TON of leaks regarding the 4S, but nothing beyond faux mock-ups of the 5. Could the iPhone 5 simply be vaporware at this time? Or is Apple letting 4S leaks happen intentionally to make the announcement of a 5 that much more BOOM-tastic?

BTW...I bet this is the one millionth thread that is exactly like this, but gimme a break, I didn't see any on page 1. :D

2. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I would be surprised if we see a whole new redesigned iPhone 5 tomorrow. We're so late into the game and not one solid leak.

If they do introduce a completely new phone tomorrow, then hats off to Apple for keeping this from the masses for so long. A completely turn around from the i4 fiasco that happened.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

4. danielowenuk macrumors 6502

I am not sure we have had a solid 4s leak either, the iPhone 5 cases, for me, are the biggest indicator.

5. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

I agree. I really thought with this being the 5th iPhone, ios 5, A5, that we would see a new designed phone. Don't think its gonna happen tomorrow. I do like the Iphone 4 design but actually like the feel of the 3gs better. It really is time for a larger screen and if they go with the iPhone 4 again I think its a mistake.

Very disappointing

6. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

What are your thoughts on them releasing the 4S tomorrow & then the 5 mid-cycle after the holiday?

Apple has always tried to stick to a regular schedule, but the delays of this release has already shown that they are not 100% married to that logic.

7. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

doubt it, phones and pods will be fall release now, pads in the spring.

8. flight macrumors regular

I don't know if they want to have less than a year in between releases. Many buy the iPhone yearly because the carrier allows them to get it at the subsidized price.

9. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I could see that happening, however, it would probably be a late 2nd QT release of the redesigned i5 in order to go back to the usual schedule. At this point I'm starting to think that what we do know about the i5 (as little and widespread as it is), will actually be released next year.

Tomorrow we can finally put most rumors to rest, and I can't wait.

10. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

yup, and I think its gonna suck pond water

11. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

The iPhone 5 cases arriving at AT&T stores was all I needed to see/hear.

12. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Apple will release what it needs to in order to continue their success and sales. It's that simple.

13. d.shorty1 macrumors member

my local AT&T store has been getting new iphone 4 cases:mad:

EDIT: nothing more iphone wise

14. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Before the cases leak by at&t (both the physical case and the SKU in the system) and case-mate, I was pretty sure that we only would get a "4S" but those leaks just made me believe that there was a chance of a new iP5.

15. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Most suspense we've had in awhile.

1. NYT seems to think it'll be redesigned.
    2. Case manufacturers have taken a gamble on a redesign.
    3. Die-hard Apple fans want a redesign.
    4. Apple can shatter prior sales numbers without a redesign.
    5. Aside from that old CAD drawing leak there has been zero indication of a redesigned device.
    6. The mainstream consumer market probably doesn't care if there's a redesign.

Therefore I don't think there will be a new design this year, and I'll upgrade from iP4 if that's what I need to do to get the improved voice functionality.

16. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

And there you have it, a perfect reason for Apple NOT to go out of their way creating a new design. There are a lot of Apple maniacs out there who would drop cash on a new iphone model even if the only change was a redesigned mute switch :rolleyes:

17. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

It's not just maniacs like me who will extend our contracts for new phones, then sell our old phones and basically break even. It's all the customers of new carrier partners clamoring for *any* iPhone that haven't had access to it yet. This will be the first iPhone for those customers and they'll buy them in unprecedented numbers whether it's redesigned or not.