With all these new places selling iPhones at launch lines hould be shorter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snook911, Jun 11, 2010.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I skipped the 3gs but when I got the 3g the only places to get the iPhone was apple and at&t. Now you have apple, at&t best buy, radio shack and walmart. I think alot of people will still go to apple and at&t but having it available at these other retailers should still curb the lines a little bit.

2. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

I hope they'll be shorter, but i'm not counting on it.

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I doubt it too. Apple Stores always have the best inventory. As soon as the third-party stores run out of their small allocation, others will flock to the Apple Store.

4. Built macrumors 68020

Don't count on it.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Don't count on it. BestBuy, RadioShack, Walmart and even AT&T will not have the inventory to meet the initial surge demand...

Remember, iPhone 4, new design not just a faster iPhone 3G and at least double the number of eligible AT&T iPhone customers.

Dave

6. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats true but even with there small allocations thats hundreds of iphones ( at least in my area) that will be sold at these locations that otherwise would be sold at the apple stores or at&t. It has to free up some room.

7. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good point but any amount of phones sold else where would ruduce the lines at apple and at&t no?

8. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

It would temporarily. But, within 30 minutes I bet of the doors opening people will be flocking to the Apple Store due to the small allocation to the third party stores being sold out and the lines will get bigger again.

For my 3G, I got there 40 minutes before doors opening at the Apple Store and there was at least already 150 people in line. I left the store at 11:30 am( server crashes slowed the line down considerably), the line was even bigger and starting to wrap around to the other side of the mall.

9. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I'm just planning on getting to my Apple store about 4 hours early to just beat the lines and to avoid server issues haha

10. Built macrumors 68020

When you're standing at the tail end of a line with 500 people, does it really make much of a difference whether there are 450, or 500, ahead of you?

The lines at Apple and AT&T are going to be LOOONNNGG...regardless the other stores offering a few phones each.

11. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Apple Stores
    Apple.com
    AT&T owned stores
    AT&T.com
    Bestbuy
    RadioShack
    Walmart