With all this bias...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by wvuwhat, Oct 11, 2010.

1. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Who is attending the rally's on October 30th in D.C.? Stewart and Colbert.

Although, I still consider myself a liberal, I am all for people being smart. I'm about 30 minutes from D.C. and will definitely be getting all the friends I can to join me down there. I hope there is a good turn out.

My favorite sign/slogan I've seen is:

"Rally to Restore Sanity"

I voted for Bush for his second term (I honestly did not care for Kerry in 04') and thought Bush had a decent grasp on what was being done over in the Middle East, I voted for Obama this last election (and I'm more than happy that I did, due to his healthcare coverage that I'm enjoying now).

Either way, who else is heading down there? I think it's a great cause, informing both sides of benefits. The comedy/celebrity both these men bring will also reach people that could care less about politics in my opinion. I think it's good for America. What say you?

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm about 3,000 miles away, but would be happy to attend if you'll pay for my airfare and hotel... nothing too fancy... two-stars is sufficient.

I can handle the meals.

3. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Wish I could be going, but I already made plans to be in NYC that weekend.

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I live about 6 hours from DC and I'm really trying to make it happen. The drive is pretty painless and I've got a couple people who might want to join. I figure $60 in gas is worth it, particularly if my fellow riders chip in. My car is big, quiet and has soft leather...:D

5. wvuwhat thread starter macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I'd love to offer my place for people to stay, but I just can't at this time. However, I'd be more than happy to meet up with people from MR. I have a pretty good handle on places to visit for food and drinks in Arlington and D.C.

Free tip: Don't think you're going to drive into D.C. that day and get where you want to go. I'd say, drive into Arlington (Clarendon, Ballston, Rosslyn, West/East Falls Church and pay for the parking lots/garages), or take your chances and hope to catch a spot at a meter (free on weekends in Arlington) and go from there, hoping the Metro is working well that weekend.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Maybe read foreign media. Especially non western stuff like Al Jazerra.

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm hoping to go, but I'll have to leave by around 3AM. Why does it have to start at noon?

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Because Stewart can't stay late..

9. wvuwhat thread starter macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I'm headed to bed here in the next 10 minutes or so, thought I'd be in bed much earlier, but my alma mater, WVU, lost tonight, so I've been out drinking since 8pm. I'll be driving down around 11:30, with or without my hungover friends for these rallies. If you want to meet up tomorrow, post on this thread after they start, I'll be checking this on my Ipad. And, I'll go ahead and offer free lunch, on me, for anyone that drove from any state other than VA, MD, or DC.

Happy "Rally to Restore Sanity."

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

LOL your excuse for drinking is because you team lost but if they won that would of been your excuse.

11. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I'll be there right now if they have a web cam feed:D

12. wvuwhat thread starter macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Indeed. Either way I would've "won."