with just a little over 17 hours to go....WWDC *new iphone*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fratboy, May 23, 2009.

1. fratboy macrumors regular

who will be waiting in line the night before?

I dont know if i should.. i was waiting in my car from 11pm the night before and no one showed up till 3 am then another at 5,6 and 7am i could have slept all night and just came at 8 and i would have got an iphone ..so i am debating

..i will prolly be in line at 11pm night before again :eek:

2. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i'll be waiting in line. around 5pm the afternoon before launch :]

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

why do you guys need to wait in line the first day
    are they going to run out of iphones in the next few days after its release:confused:

4. fratboy thread starter macrumors regular

its called i need the iphone the day , second ,minute it is released or else my head will explode .

5. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

seeing as though i have been using a four year old razr, im in desperate need of an iphone! the sooner the better for me:D

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Even if it's announced at WWDC, it won't be available for sale that day. Not a chance.

7. bigchief macrumors 6502a

They will not wait a month like they did last year. Having your best selling devise off the market for a month is not good business.

8. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Yes because they will magically have shipped out thousands of phones across the country in the next 16 days ready for the day of the announcement.

9. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

The iPod is their best selling device ;)

I'll give you an iTunes gift card if it's available for sale at WWDC. That's how confident I am.

10. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

LOL! Wouldn't it be so funny if:
    Steve Jobs comes out of no where as a surprise and then talks about iPhone 3. And then he says,
    "Right as I am speaking we have given AT&T the 'Go' to start selling the next-generation iPhone."
    The whole auditorium flees to the nearest AT&T stores! Bahaha!

11. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Actually the iPhone was off the market for three months before the release of the 3G. Apple knows that people will wait to buy it, so it doesn't matter if they release it today or next month - you'll still buy it!

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

lmfao! People would be pushing others over & fighting trying to get in their cars and get to an AT&T store. That would be absolutely hilarious, if it happened.

13. bigchief macrumors 6502a

There were no phones to compete with the iphone last year. It's different this year. Most prospective first time smart phone buyers do not know the difference between the iphone and Palm Pre. The general public as a group are ignorant when it comes to smart phones. Those are the people Apple and AT&T are trying to attract.

They know fanboys are already in their pocket. Not having an iphone on display for sale will mean a loss of market share. How many have you seen come on this forum and say "I need a phone and I need it now." Well, multiply that by thousands of people.

No, Apple and AT&T will not pull that stupid stunt again.

14. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I have stood in-line both times. And it's funny--but we (husband + I) enjoyed it. We brought plenty of food, coffee, our laptops. The other fanboys/girls were so excited and I felt like I was part of a tiny bit of history.

The second time, well... it became a tradition. I fully expect to be waiting in line this time too...

I'm sorry if this sounds corny....

15. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

Oh, that's so romantic.
    -giggles-

:rolleyes:
    ;)

16. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Actually that sounds really nice. :)

17. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Most of "these people" you are referring to will not be in the market for an iPhone or Pre due to the extra cost of a required data plan. The average smart phone user does a little bit of research before their next purchase.

They will still have the 3Gs on display as they did the original prior to the 3G launch. At the point in time when there will be no stock available either the salesman will come clean and tell the customer about the new iPhone getting ready to be released, or they'll convince them to buy something they have on hand.

The latter is a much more likely scenario. Yes, Apple can and will loose some sales because of this; not that much mind you.

18. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Yes actually they will sell out.

This might be the first time I camp out, Just for the experience!
    So Fifth Ave. store. . . Better yet West 14th I shall wait outside the day before its release date :D

19. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

they would wait again like a month.. and pull the 3g off the market... they would create a hype... they know what there doing.. and 99.9% of there marketing tactics have worked no matter what the competition has been... there not afraid to do it again.. and they will:apple::apple:

20. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

The only time I ever went to a midnight launch was for GTA IV and boy did I feel...awkward. Like really we're all waiting around while most "normal" people are sleeping just so we can get something a few hours early. I mean it's cool once you get what you desire but boy did I feel like an uber nerd.

21. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

This is really lame, but I wish I could stand in line all day on the day its launched, seems like a really cool experience.

But...my mother is the primary account holder of the family plan my phone is on and I also have no credit card to pay for it at the store...

22. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

I'm hoping for some new products myself. I need to buy a new iPod and a new home computer.

23. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

for the people who are getting new 2 year contracts on this iphone (Me)
    won't we be able to just order them online? i sure hope there's a price decrease in plans

24. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Only the cash in your pocket was history.

Otherwise, I think Apple is going to get this phone out ASAP (due to the Pre). Apple can't be sitting on their hands as people buy the Pre instead of the iPhone, just because the iPhone wasn't available at the time. People are fickle and impatient. They will buy stuff that is available that second just because they can't wait.

25. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Nope, I wont be waiting in line, cant think of anything worse to do.

I am waiting for confirmation on the spec of the new iPhone (unless I missed it among all the rumours) before I decide, 3G + 3.0 might do me fine for another year

* The above does depend on what type of offer o2 gives to upgrade, I still wont stand in line but if the offer is good I will get one straight away