With Pre-Orders slipping to July 14th, whos thinking of selling theirs on eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tevans333, Jun 16, 2010.

1. tevans333 macrumors member

Well the title says it all. I reserved one at the apple store for pick up in case I couldn't get a Pre-Order through. Luckily I was able to pre-order later on. Question is, will they still let me purchase the reserved one? Can I get it without contract etc?

2. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

You'll probably only be allowed to buy one, at the best price/early upgrade price.

I for one got my 32gb Blk order in around 7:40, a hour or two before it all slid to July 2nd, and now, in light of everything slipping further, I'm less, not more likely to sell it on ebay.

Standing against unfair,opportunistic price gouging here.

It ridiculous, my sister bought a used 3g in Feb, and paid almost 400 dollars for it on ebay.

3. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I wouldn't consider it price gouging since this item is not a "need" but a "want." Therefore, if someone wants it badly enough they will pay for it whether it's $500 or $2000.
    We are talking about a phone here, not for instance a low supply of water that people "need" to live off.

4. byulasfjazz macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

the first time I got the 3G there was a shortage... and they were selling onling for about 800-900 bones CRAZY

5. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

If they are going for a couple G I may think about it, but I doubt it.

6. dmx macrumors 6502a

I might if the price is right. It'd have to over $1000. I had to pay no commitment pricing so I wouldn't mind making that back.

If you remember a few years ago tickle me Elmo toys were selling for thousands of dollars on eBay. Who knows what the iPhone will be worth once people get desperate.

7. tevans333 thread starter macrumors member

well I guess the real question for me is do I bother waiting in line to pick up the reserved one and would they let me buy it? I will already have my own through pre-order that I wouldn't let go unless it was 1k or more. Not selling at that point would be silly. It is only a phone after all, I can go without it for a few weeks, I still have my 3gs to fall back on:)

8. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

That's right. If I see it up in the thousand range I may just keep my 3G and sell the ip4. Might be difficult though. :)

9. h4a5r macrumors member

h4a5r

I agree. Just watched an eBay auction end for a 16GB iPhone 4... $720. Already, $500 more than the person probably purchased it for.