With strong message against creating new crimes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 4, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/news...-jerry-brown-vetoes-anti-gun-senate-bill-347/

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...-at-fires-schools-prisons-20151003-story.html
    gun bills vetoed
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/SB_347_Veto_Message.pdf
    [​IMG]

finally. a democrat with common sense who knows passing stupid feel good laws is not the answer

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

That LA Times article is about drones. Not guns. The words gun, arms, firearm, or weapon do not appear a single time in that article.

However, you're right that "Feel good" laws aren't the answer.

Smart laws that actually have an impact are.

Psych evals should be mandatory in order to get a gun license and they should be required for renewal as well. We require people to pass an eye test for a drivers license because giving a drivers license to a person who can't see is a public safety hazard. We should require a psych eval for gun licenses as well, because crazy people being able to own guns is also a public safety hazard.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No thanks

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Right, but it's the 75% of Americans who agree we need better gun regulations that "won't compromise".

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

That is why I joined the NRA , too many people feel stupid feel good laws are. The answer

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Fifty years ago the idea that someone sitting at a computer terminal could appropriate enough of your personal identification to fraudulently apply for a credit card and remotely drain your bank account would have seemed incredible. Just ten or twenty years ago the idea that one could buy, at relatively low cost at retail, a remotely controlled rotorcraft - equipped with satellite navigation systems and a high-definition videocamera - and fly it over a baseball game or your neighbors yard- would have likewise seemed unimaginable.

And yet those things are not only possible today, they are indeed a legitimate concern. Laws need to change to reflect changes in technology, and in society.

Sometimes legislators enact poorly thought-out or ill-considered regulations. But they aren't doing it just to be difficult. They are doing so to reflect the will of the people who voted them into office. I don't think that is a bad thing, rather the contrary. The fact is we have a highly effective system of courts, with judges, lawyers and legal scholars, each of whom are intimately familiar with the Constitutions of the the United States and other jurisdictions.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Even a democrat governor had th common sense to say no more

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, your posts are simple.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that would be because you guys seemingly don't get anything else. our democrat governor seems to get it, why can't you?

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Perhaps if you wrote a well thought out post and maybe included some facts and links, you might get a bit more traction in PRSI. Frankly, I've put you in the comic relief section with your steady diet of talking points, memes and animated gifs.

12. jkcerda, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I am buried in work, drive by post as I wait for my model to update & figure out my CNC program limits what I can do at times. "our" issues are pretty complicated, liberals mostly use their feelings & want something done & they don't exactly care what it is as long as something was done, perceived safety, let's pass more laws, that will do the trick, I was really surprised Brown looked beyond that.

OUR society/culture is broken in many ways, we have teens using media to coordinate attacks , worthless fecal matter that steal oxygen & plans on school shootings, not one or 2 crazy SOB's but up to 4 POS mother F'ers at a time. generations of kids pumped up on Ritalin & Aderall just to name a few drugs because OMG, they had ADD/ADHA or some other form of invented mental disease & must be pumped up full of drugs because that is so much easier than mom or dad spending time with their kids & helping them out, kids don't understand school? screw it, give him some legal amphetamines & watch him rise, every time there are test at school the sales of aderall surge 3-5 per pill and you can get as much as you like, it is the "limitless" pill, the "Lucy" pill & stupid kids under stress don't know any better. mom works,dad works & playstation with grand theft auto is watching your kids while they are high on legal amphetamines , we have a stupid worthless POS jerry springer society that loves/craves instant gratification through social media, stupidity is glorified here in the U.S, the crapdashians/miley cyrus & lady caca are mother ***** role models , world star hip hop allows you to be internet famous, just video your crime & upload it "put them in a coffin".

males/females with nothing better to do than crime in hopes of being the next crapdashian/teen mom/slut or thug of the week.

you guys want more laws because you suffer from the same instant gratification syndrome when our problems happen to be much deeper.

I do like memes & emoty's because I do have facetious nature, makes my day enjoyable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219289/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_(2014_film)
    http://www.drugs.com/adderall.html
    Jerry Brown had good points .
    it is not just our criminal system that needs reform, so does our educational one, so does parenting , American culture needs to pull it's head out of its freaking rear end, there is little to no compassion/empathy towards others, lets pull out our f' ing phones & record someone being robbed/beat/rapped so that WE can break the news & have views on our channel.

a deep look at our actual problems will help before we simply decide to create new stupid laws that turn everyone into a criminal & places them on a system that screws them for life w/o a shot at redemption.

EDIT.
    sorry for just blaming liberals, we are all in this **** storm.

JuanC.

13. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I couldn't watch the entire video....Bunch of morons. Got about half way through the video trying to figure out what they were saying before they jumped on other people's property, then gave up on the stupidity.

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

This is your agenda regarding gun regulations. You just can't hide it with a couple of sympathy to the victims statements..

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

read the first quote on post 1. over 5k regulations and you guy think we need more when our issues are pretty complex.
    try reading post 12 when you get a chance.