With the Galaxy SIII Samsung copies Apple's iPhone model

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Jun 5, 2012.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

See how the GS3 looks the same hardware-wise all over the world? Seems like Samsung took a leaf right out of Apple's play book. This will certainly help Samsung build the Galaxy phone brand further as people will start recognizing the phone much more easily now. I had no idea Samsung had so much clout with US carriers who always seem hell bent on redesigning the hardware for every Android phone to make them look different from other carriers.

2. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Companies are falling over themselves to try and achieve Apple's level of success and profit. So yeah, no surprises there.

3. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

Yeah you're right. They just copied Apple again, having a consistent design around the world. Those shameless idiots, how dare they? This is definitely worth discussing!

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Ummm... haven't most phones ALWAYS looked the same all over the world?

5. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Yes a lot of phones have, blackberries for example. I think he is referring to the fact that the galaxy s and galaxy s2 looked different in the US to other markets. Now they are the same.

6. mrochester macrumors 65816

What I'd say is it's really refreshing to *finally* see a manufacturer other than Apple pay attention to the software and services offered on their device rather than simply being another Android box maker.

7. matttye macrumors 601

Why did they copy Apple and not the other thousands of phones before the iPhone that looked the same all over the world?

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Strange, usually people comment the other way around about such manufacturer attention.

Most Android manufacturers have long paid attention to software and services which make their device stand out. That's why each has their own custom launcher and stock app implementations that have to be factored into OS updates.

Between sharing core code fixes and their competition amongst themselves, it's why Android devices advance so quickly. There's a far more diverse and supported group of developers working on it than for any other phone OS.

9. monkeylui macrumors 6502

If apple doesn't make some huge changes to form factor this time around I will be jumping ship, most likely for the sg3. I want a bigger screen. Tiny of this puny thing.

10. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

This is a great first step for Samsung and android in general. The next question is whether Samsung has enough clout to tell carriers no bloat ware and minimal branding. That'd be really special.

11. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hmmm, to me, Android skins have simply been a way to visually differentiate one product from another, but it's still fundamentally been the same old Android experience underneath that. It seems that Samsung are starting to branch out a bit more from this, and I welcome that with open arms. We need more variation in the Android world as right now, they're all much of a muchness. Amazon went from 0-60 with their Kindle Fire, and I want to see more of that sort of thing to make the mobile landscape more interesting.

12. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

There's an awful lot of android threads in this forum.

13. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Yeah Ive noticed as time has gone on more and more android owners seem to come here and aggressively state their opinion.

Why? No idea, its just how some people are wired I guess.

Take BGR for example, an apple related post goes up and android owners are going NUTS in the comments section.

The impression I get is that they simply CANNOT understand why everyone isnt converting over to Android. Then when an article pops up about Apple's continued success they just explode lol.

Seriously though, I think that admin should be closing Android related posts down as this is specifically an iPhone forum. I dont care what Android owners want or like.

14. matttye macrumors 601

I post here about Android mainly because there's a lot of misinformation being spread around. As for why I'm on this site, its because I own an ipad.

15. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

There is? Does anyone on an Apple forum care, or are you fighting some sort of technology crusade?

You are in the wrong bit ;)

16. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I find it funny how all business tries to copy apple. Apple is in the business to make profit, now all company's are trying to make profit just like apple. Every company on the planet is now trying to make a profit, they are all just copy cats trying to steal apples thunder.:apple:

17. matttye macrumors 601

People obviously care because there are probably as many discussions on here about Android as there is about iOS! And it's not me that starts them :p

Yeah, I was explaining why I started coming to this site again (because I got an ipad), I then thought why not post in the other forums too :D

18. PacificBeach macrumors regular

Wells Apple needs Samsung more than Samsung needs apple............

Most to the iphone internals are Samsungs developed chips, RAM, SCREEN and etc...............

19. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I was thinking exactly the same thing, then I read your post.

The nerve of these other companies!

20. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

That's slowly changing. Apple has been active finding alternatives, including building out their own facilities, or co-owned. May not happen right away, but over time I wouldn't be surprised if all Samsung supplied components will be developed/supplied by someone else.

21. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Hmm, I can't help but find that really curious. I mean, even if I were an iPhone fanboy (which I'm not, I can name several non Apple phones that I would love to own - SG3, HTC one X, Lumia 900 and some more), I don't have the slightest inclination to go to xda, androidforums/central whatever so set those straight that 'spread misinformation' about iphones or Apple.

But hey, don't take this as criticism though. I realize we're not all alike.

22. matttye macrumors 601

That's because you probably have no reason to visit those forums.

I have an iPad and I'm a technology enthusiast. I do like iOS devices, I just see a lot of fud during my time on this forum.

23. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

A more unified "standard" Android phone could mean more timely updates too. This isn't just about the phones all looking the same, or helping brand and market Android. It can go a long way in making the actual overall experience better.

It'll be interesting to see how the actual release unfolds, and whether bloatware will be kept in check too. That would be monumental.

24. takeshi74 macrumors 601

They weren't before? :confused: :rolleyes:

Keep the day job and leave industry analysis to the pros.

25. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

wow, although an expert you may be, your ability to identify sarcasm is seriously in question.

Plus, its apple who are copying. Releasing one product worldwide, they got that from McDonald's. MCD's has had one burger for the whole world for years. Apple is blatantly copying their methodology.