With the shoe on the other foot... would you return it for white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bunnicula, Aug 2, 2010.

  1. bunnicula macrumors 68040


    Jul 23, 2008
    Yeah... we went through this before.

    But, would you?

    I'm not talking about having bought the phone planning to return it. I don't think anyone reasonably expects to have a white iPhone out in the next (insert number of days before your 30 days are up). I think, for me, it'd be 14, as I bought mine at Best Buy... but, I digress.

    I'm actually of the "no... I'm keeping mine" camp.

    Reason being... I bought the thing, and it's working fine.

    If it stopped working fine during my return period, I'd go swap it for another.

    If the white came out and I liked it, I'd just upgrade another of the lines on my account and either give the black to my son (he's got a 1st gen iphone) or to my husband (he's got a 3GS), OR, I'd sell it if neither of them wanted it.

    The reason I post this is because (as many people stated in all those explosive threads last month) this is about "intent."

    When Apple said "later this year," most of the people who were holding out for white gave up and bought black... with the INTENT to keep black (or buy white later in the year).

    With the notion of "intent" in mind, would any of you who were holding out for white (but bought black), return it and get a white if Apple announced later this week that white was shipping?

    I thought of this only because someone posted a thread about a fix for the white problem (which may or may not be based in anything other than speculation).

    So, as I said, shoe is on the other foot. What do you all say?
  2. calb macrumors 6502

    Mar 12, 2009
    No, because the black looks better in the flesh than I expected. Fingerprints aren't haunting me anywhere near as much as they did on my iPod touch or father's iPhone 3G.

    That and I don't believe in returning unless there is something wrong with the product. I consciously bought black, and I don't hold much respect for 'return window swappers'.
  3. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

    May 30, 2009
    Plain and simple. No I wouldn't. I was holding out for White, but gave up when it was clear it'd be a while.

    Interestingly enough, when I said this to the Apple Store employee who was helping me set up my phone, he immediately said if the White came out within 30 days, I could exchange it. Not sure why Apple would take that stance, but I certainly will NOT be returning a black iPhone for a white iPhone.

    Besides, I already have a black case, and a black bumper on the way. If I had a white iphone I'd want white cases as well.
  4. playaproved macrumors 6502

    Sep 29, 2005
    These are my thoughts exactly. I went ahead and bought black when they announced that white isn't coming until later this year. The finger prints on the back aren't nearly as bad as I thought, and the black looks sleeker than I thought. I wanted white because my 3G and 3GS were both white and the white looks good in pics. When it comes out maybe I'll pick one up, maybe I won't who knows.
  5. xenuprime macrumors 6502

    Aug 1, 2008
    I have an un-opened black 32gb I got on Friday. I ordered it the day after the white was delayed until later this year.

    I admit I ordered it out of frustration and actually tried to cancel it the next day (they said it would have to be returned once I got it).

    I am going to wait out my 30 days before I decide if I'm returning it, but I will not open it unless I decide to keep it. Hopefully there will be some news about the white phone by then.
  6. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040


    Jul 23, 2008
    Yeah... you're all pretty much of the same mindset as I am on the subject.

    Ironic, considering the fact that we all put off launch to wait for white in the first place.


    I'm filled with like for my fellow MR members. :cool:

Share This Page