With the Verizon $650 Trade in Credit Still work with New Unlimited Data Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clutchm3, Feb 15, 2017.

1. clutchm3 macrumors regular

clutchm3

Hey guys back when the iPhone 7 was released, Verizon was running a promotion that when you traded in an iphone with enough value you would get a special $650 back in bill credits. I traded in an iPhone for the $650 promotion in bill credits and my bill has been deducting ever since.

With the new unlimted data plan out, does anyone know if I switch to the new plan will my bill credits continue to be applied as is? Or do I have to stick to my curent plan which is THE NEW VERIZON PLAN 12 GB.

Thanks!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Switching plans shouldn't affect your device payment plan or any related credits as those are separate from the plan you are on or any other features.

3. clutchm3 thread starter macrumors regular

clutchm3

Awesome thanks! Any idea how I can compare this new plan to my current plan? What steps I need to do on my verizon to see a comparison of sorts?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Ignore the device payment part and all that and simply compare the price of the plans themselves.

5. clutchm3 thread starter macrumors regular

clutchm3

What do you mean?

6. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502

He means that you do not need to add the price of the device payment to the plan cost, and just figure out how much the plan itself will cost. Like if the unlimited plan costs $80 for a single line, then you just need to factor in taxes and fees. Keep in mind this plan doesn't work with corporate discounts though.

7. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

They will only give you up to $300 on your trade in. Since nobody have a termination fee only device payoff then Verizon will pay that device off so your losing if you especially have your iPhone 7 plus 128gb paid off