With VZ earnings out, anyone know how many voyagers sold?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by erandall38, Jan 28, 2008.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

VZ earnings came out today. Where can I find out how many verizon
    voyagers sold?
    It is considered to be the "iPhone killer" by verizon, and all though
    I do not agree at all, I am curious to know how many they have sold.

2. samab macrumors 6502a

There is no model by model breakdown.

AT&T got 1.2 million retail postpaid net adds, 750K retail prepaid net adds and 750K wholesale MVNO net adds (i.e. Tracfone) --- for a total of 2.7 million net adds in Q4.

Verizon got 1.6 million retail postpaid net adds, 300K retail prepaid net adds and 100K wholesale MVNO net adds --- for a total of 2 million net adds in Q4.

Verizon got more of the better paying postpaid subscribers. Without Tracfone's numbers, AT&T's own net adds are weak.

3. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

It would be nice to see the numbers on the Voyager. Obviously it was not anywhere near where the iPhone was because if it was, Verizon would have said something to point that out. I am yet to see anyone using the Voyager in my area which has a lot of Verizon users. I am guessing they only sold a few 100 thousand since release.

4. 103734 Guest

I really care, the only reason i could see you guys wanting to know is so that you can stroke your egos, I like my iPhone and thats all that matters to me, I don't need sales numbers or anything to justify it.

5. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, just an AAPL share holder, trying to be aware of any possible threats no matter how big or small.
    Try opening your eyes wider.

6. Pookieinc macrumors member

Actually I was curious about this too. I saw 6 iPhones today in class (I have yet to get one), and no Voyagers have yet to be seen at all. I've seen a LOT of phones in people's hands here (to see how many iPhones I could pick out), and I've seen 0 Voyagers. I'm curious as well to see the charts.

7. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

A person I work with got one the week it came out. He wants an iPhone but he's stuck on Verizon so it's his only alternative. He already got rid of the data plan cause he said it's ridiculously overpriced or something.

I've only seen one person with a Voyager at my college. I thought I saw a third but it was just the enV. Let's put it this way though...I've seen more Voyagers than I have Zunes which is zero.

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Voyager's not a competitor.

Verizon's getting the HTC Touch, soon. It's sold two million since June.

(Wish it had WiFi though.)

9. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

To be honest I would like to see the total cost for a voyager with all the options needed to make it a decent competitor with the iPhone.

Everything that is built in either sucks or rellys on the in side keyboard for decent functionality.

All the nice internet features cost extra and their are now plans lumping them all together.

Sure verizon netted more sales but how much of that is just because their new features cost extra in order to make their phones halfway decent.

10. samab macrumors 6502a

But Verizon is keeping every cent of the monthly revenue --- in which Verizon already has a higher total ARPU than AT&T and a higher data ARPU than AT&T.

11. erikpmort macrumors regular

erikpmort

i'm stuck with verizon wishing for an iphone too, but that doesn't mean i'm going to get a voyager..... the vcast music software is an awful joke after using itunes.....

i'll just wait

12. abcyesn macrumors newbie

http://www.voyager-lg.com might give you some info.

GPS...Ever got lost, then try to use google maps on your iPhone, but still lost? Voyager will be your life saver.

A girl just kissed you by surprise, and you want to show off to your Mac Geek Buddies? well, you can't do that with your iPhone... Voyager allows you to send pix text messages.

Feeling bored waiting for your girlfriends? (If you have any.. :) ) Well, with LG voyager mobile tv, you'll never mind waiting while enjoy 10 live channels of great shows. Your girl will think you are the best boyfriend in the world. Can't remember if iPhone can do that.

Ever get kicked out from starbucks cause you've been there too long? Well Voyager can give you internet no matter where you are, at wi-fi speed...

QWERTY... Voyager folks can type 4 times as fast as the iPhone folks.. sorry steve.... invisible keypads don't work too well in the real world.

Receiption problems... Stuck in traffic and late for your girl's birthday party? But can't get through cause of crappy AT&T network? There goes the relationship "DEAD END". You'll wish you went with verizon for the American most reliable network, you will never know what a dropped call feel like.

13. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

^^ LOL

I'd be interested to see the numbers too. I've seen a few Voyagers, and more iPhones... but the Voyager looks like a few other phones and the iPhone looks similar to the iPod Touch so I have no idea if I'm mixing devices up. I know for sure I have seen about 3 Voyagers and 4-5 iPhones in my classes. I think in my area Verizon and T-Mobile are the dominant providers.

14. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I read a few posts on that forum. I have yet to hear much about this new LG Dare phone. But from the pic it looks pretty nice.

[​IMG]

15. csi24 macrumors member

csi24

I know there's a few iPhone's in my school but in my one class there's like 2-3 Voyagers, and like 6-8 Env's. I'm the only one with the iPhone. I have used the Voyager and don't like it nearly as much as the iPhone. It's alright, but not as good as the iPhone IMO

16. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

I have 6 students in my class with the Voyager, which I happen to confiscate on a every-other-day basis. When I returned it to the students at the end of class, they showed me it's "features" which was lacking in anything fantastic. The touch screen is pretty much the same as using the directional pad to "choose" the option you'd like. Yes, there is a scrolling feature like the iPhone, but the software isn't eye-catching nor fun to use. It felt like the front "touchscreen" was similar to the Chocolate's "touch" interface and it was just mixed with the EnV's keyboard.

Just my two cents...

Was a Verizon customer and had the EnV since October 07....as of last week...I'm a new AT&T customer with the 16Gb iPhone. Wonderful device, just want more "software features" that weren't included. I'm looking forward to June's update.

17. djmodifyd macrumors regular

hmm.....this is obviously your point of view.

for every feature you chose to tell us about (well..besides the keyboard)...verizon charges to use. Data is REDICULOUS with verizon...my mom has a smartphone through them..and its somewhere around 60 a month...which is just outragous. GPS? oooh..another 20 or so...picture messages? well...we can email for now..and possibly a swirlymms type thing will be out in june.

mobile TV? pllease...its avaliable in what....30 cities? and i don't even want to know how much that costs...but with verizon..i'll guess 20 a month
    EVDO...is NOT wifi speed...sure its faster than edge..but not extremely fast.

I used to have verizon...when i had them..when i drove back home..(about a 9 hour drive) i had cell service maybe half the time. Since i've switched to att i never have less than 4 bars.....i do have dropped calls..but thats when im in the underground locker room at work....never when i'm above ground...

I'll stick with 20 a month for unlimited iphonage...while to get anything comparable with verizon is probably 80-100 extra.

end rant

18. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Since when? Cause I dont see an iPhone plan cheaper than my Verizon plan, and that (and the enV) is the only thing keeping me from AT&T.

19. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

its $20 on top of whatever min. Plan you have....

As far as the phone goes, the touch screen feels more like its pressure sensative and not at all like the iPhone's. And the UI was not nearly as easy to use.

20. Mr Bean macrumors newbie

That's what we are trying to say. iPhone is 100x BETTER than the voyager. We are bitter because we cannot get it on the verizon network.

1. Every feature you just mentioned is an EXTRA charge on the verizon network.
    2. I love verizons network but there are a few "DEAD AREAS" where I live and I do drop calls in those very small areas. Now I am not defending AT&T bease believe me I know for a fact that 5 of my friends and family have dropped AT&T because of constant disconnects and bad Cell reception.
    3. The WiFi you are 100% correct on however the iPhone 2.0 is supposed to be on the 3G network and include chat cababilites including Pic and Video messaging. "Don't quote me on that just a rumor I heard".

21. Mr Bean macrumors newbie

Fake, Verizon knows nothing about this phone and I could not find any information on it on the LG site.

22. abcyesn macrumors newbie

It's $15 dollars for unlimited internet VS $20 dollars for AT&T unlimited internet. which's better?

It's not the data plan your mom got, that's only for blackberries and the Q.

Mobile TV is $12.99, if you want both internet and mobile tv, it's $25 for both.

23. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

One of my coworkers came in with the Vpyager earlier this week and I got a chance to play around with it. To be completely honest (meaning I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy) I don't have anything nice to say about it. The touch screen seemed like it was lacking in sensitivity which told me it probably relies on pressure. I'm no expert but that seems like something that wouldn't last very long. I've never been a fan of the verizon interface so I won't even get into that.
    Main point I meant to get across was that she played w/ my iPhone before getting her Voyager and she regrets it. Said she'd go with AT&T but she's pretty new in her contract with VZ.

24. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Unlimited internet is only $15 on ATT. With the iPhone they make you get Unlimited internet + 200 or more SMS though, so it is always at least $20.

25. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Maybe it's just because I live in a very ATT-centric area (Texas/Oklahoma), but I see about 30 people with iPhones on a daily basis. Two of my best friends have them, my dad has one, and about 10-15 people in each of my classes have them. Maybe it's a college thing?
    I know of one person with a Voyager, but I've never seen it.