Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damirski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Hello, just wondering if anyone has had same problem with the macbook right out of box?
:rolleyes:
The second question is, I bought this macbook @ Best Buy for the financing reasons :), question is can I take it to Apple store and exchange it, cause @ Best Buy store they said they do not have any in stock right now!:mad:
Oh yes the third question: How to erase all my personal data, passwords and Itunes info off macbook before I return it, thing is it was on my lap when I took it out of box, and I started to set it up, so after a while I put it on the desk and then I noticed that it is not straight and it moves when I type, so I tried different tables even floor and it is wobbly and seems crooked!
and now all my personal data is on it, and I need to return it!
Thanks....

RC85

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Corn Field USA
Hello, just wondering if anyone has had same problem with the macbook right out of box?
The second question is, I bought this macbook @ Best Buy for the financing reasons :), question is can I take it to Apple store and exchange it, cause @ Best Buy store they said they do not have any in stock right now!:mad:
Oh yes the third question: How to erase all my personal data, passwords and Itunes info off macbook before I return it, thing is it was on my lap when I took it out of box, and I started to set it up, so after a while I put it on the desk and then I noticed that it is not straight and it moves when I type, so I tried different tables even floor and it is wobbly and seems crooked!
Thanks....
Mine had similar issues. They replaced the bottom cover and it was fixed.

RC85

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Corn Field USA
Did you get yours at Apple store or somewhere else?
Thanks
Micro Center, but since it carried a 1 year Apple factory warranty they had no problem. I made a Genius bar appointment, confirmed the issue and they replaced it right away. Just take it to the Apple store.

damirski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Micro Center, but since it carried a 1 year Apple factory warranty they had no problem. I made a Genius bar appointment, confirmed the issue and they replaced it right away. Just take it to the Apple store.

Thanks, I will do that tomorrow

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Mine doesn't sit completely flat if I put it on a completely flat table. It doesn't bother me, because 1) I mostly use it on my lap, 2) on a flat table it doesn't wobble when I type because it's secured by my wrists, and 3) my MBP is astounding and there's no way I'd risk exchanging it and getting one with a more serious problem.

Should it ever become a serious issue in the future I'll explore getting the bottom cover of the case replaced, but hopefully that'll never be necessary.

So, my advice is consider how much it really bothers you and whether you actually want a replacement machine. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Mine sits flat, and if yours does not that, I'd that's not normal.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Thanks....

Consider getting Apple Care. This extends you 2 more years after the original first year. Just incase your laptop has any issues outside the first year, you're covered. Maybe yours was a Monday or Friday made laptop :rolleyes:

damirski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
So last night I set up appointment with genius bar, I went this morning
And explained the issue, so the guy goes ok let me see, we put it on their display wooden table, and sure enough it sits flat, so he is like everything seems fine, it could be your table, so I told him that I had older MacBook at home which has no issues with sitting flat on the table, but he insisted they can not do anything about It, and to not get dissapointed because of this issue! Really that's all you can do for me? So I will just go to BB and exchange it, it does bother me, I do not put laptop on my family jewels, I might want kids one day! So I Just use it sitting on the desk

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
So, just to verify, is it still wobbly on all your surfaces? Have you retried other known flat surfaces? Seems odd, but maybe one of the black feet got pushed in or there was something stuck on it...just a thought.

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
So last night I set up appointment with genius bar, I went this morning
And explained the issue, so the guy goes ok let me see, we put it on their display wooden table, and sure enough it sits flat, so he is like everything seems fine, it could be your table, so I told him that I had older MacBook at home which has no issues with sitting flat on the table, but he insisted they can not do anything about It, and to not get dissapointed because of this issue! Really that's all you can do for me? So I will just go to BB and exchange it, it does bother me, I do not put laptop on my family jewels, I might want kids one day! So I Just use it sitting on the desk

I have an uneven desk at work, and it makes my MBP wobble. Maybe your older Macbook has adapted to the table, or is just a bit more flexible so that it's harder to note.

Try a different surface.

Also, if you had bought the mac at the Apple store, they would have been more than happy to exchange it for a new model. Now I guess BB will do the same for you, so it doesn't matter. Good luck.

damirski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
So, just to verify, is it still wobbly on all your surfaces? Have you retried other known flat surfaces? Seems odd, but maybe one of the black feet got pushed in or there was something stuck on it...just a thought.

Yes, it still is wobbly, but I am taking it back tonite to BB and exchange it! I do not know, why is it like that, but I don't want to take any chances, it could be dropped or something! Thanks everybody for help!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.