Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

000111one111000

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2001
DeKalb, IL
That's not even on the CNN site. Erase everything in the link except for the IP address and port number, and it'll take you to "Josh's Computer" or something.

Kind of obvious it's fake though. If Bush were to have said something like that, we'd see it all over the place.

enoch

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
nicely done though. i can't see any typos mind, or grammatical errors, yeah some things weren't written in proper english, but then so many articles aren't these days.

if you click the "email this" link, it comes up with the headline and everything, is that easy to do?

mcs37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2003
Washington, DC
Originally posted by 000111one111000
That's not even on the CNN site. Erase everything in the link except for the IP address and port number, and it'll take you to "Josh's Computer" or something.

Kind of obvious it's fake though. If Bush were to have said something like that, we'd see it all over the place.

enoch

Thanks for the comments. :) It scared a whole lot of people and generated 6,000 hits to my box hosting it. My school got angry for copyright violation, so I had to move it to the current box in California.

My muslim friends thought it was hilarious! I didn't really notice any grammar problems, though....

But some people did catch the "Remember this is April Fool's Day" sentence at the bottom. It's scary how easy it was to spread disinformation so rapidly over the Net. What if someone went to more effort than me in doing this, and copied MSNBC sites and so forth? You could spread a whole lot of panic fast.

Mike

eyeslikeartsson

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2003
Thank you for alerting us to the web site below which purports to be a CNN news
story. As you may have surmised, the site is not in fact a real CNN news story.
This site, and a number of other sites using the URL address 66.111.43.11, are
not authorized, endorsed, sponsored or approved by CNN. We are investigating the
problem and hope to have it resolved quickly.

Thank you,

Abuse@CNN.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.