Woman, 19, buys LeBron basketball sneakers for grateful kid:

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 29, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/style/19-year...-grateful-kid-money-just-money-210647311.html
    [​IMG]
    that was very nice of her, and she is only 19, there is hope out there.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Your name is Jordan and you get Lebron's? WTF is wrong with you son?

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

isn't that enough to prove the story is FAKE NEWS ? :D

4. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Maybe I'm a rotten person. But I struggle to find much that is laudable about this story.

I'm all in favor of charity, and helping out those in need. But nobody needs a $180 pair of basketball sneakers. Especially as, in this case, they aren't going to be worn to play basketball.

Out of the all the people in the world, there are - literally - billions of causes more needy and deserving for this young woman to spend her hard-earned money on than the middle-class white kid she ran into at a mall. Starting with herself. Put $180 in your 401(k).

I've spent money on people who, in retrospect, didn't deserve it. But I didn't go on Facebook hoping the story would go viral.

Let's let this one go away. Because I simply can't find much inspirational in it.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

A better lesson for the kid would have been to buy the cheaper shoes, outplay his opponents and learn that it's the skill and effort that makes the player and not the equipment.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You should go take a look on Hockeymonkey.com at the cost of gear.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Alternatively, you could visit zappos.com and find a wide variety of kids basketball shoes for ~$50.