Woman blames devil for child in microwave

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nickster9224, May 20, 2007.

1. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

WTF and ZOMFG, both at the same time...this is insane...

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

The man who put his baby in a microwave is either mental unstable, or an evil person.

And blaming the devel! WTF?! Come on..I have problems, but I don't blame imaginary things!(Minus those damn elves, they keep screwing me up!)

4. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Blaming the supernatural ain't gonna help her get her parental rights back in any court of law so, I think she should carry on with her story.

That poor child. :(

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

religious people? how about just an idiot mother.

6. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

It was god's will. Or maybe it was the devil that did it. But is it god's will that the devil must do this stuff? I thought god was more powerful? So it's back to god's will. Or maybe the devil doing god's will? Yep, I think that's the ticket.

It was the devil fulfilling god's will. Let us all pray (I leave it up to you, whether you should pray to god or the devil since they all seem to be doing the same thing).

7. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

Wow. At 19, I wonder how ready the father is to be a father or religious leader. In my mind, the most frightening part of the current rise of prominence of the Non-Denominational Evangelical Christian movement is that anyone can become a pastor/preacher/reverend.

Coincidentally enough, my Rabbi, who is 60 something and spent over 10 years at divinity school, never put any babies in microwaves.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The "mom" and "dad" are both out of their ____ing minds. :mad:

Is there such a thing as "religious addiction"? Because that would certainly explain a lot, from medium-level cases such as the politicians who want to turn our country into a theocracy, to extreme cases such as this. And it would definitely explain why people who quit heavy addictions to things like drugs, gambling and alcohol sometimes become religious freaks -- it's just another addiction.

I don't have a problem with faith, but when people can't keep it compartmentalized and in perspective...........

9. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Well, it was the father who did it. But I won't argue that they're both idiots, and obviously disturbed.

10. Queso macrumors G4

"Satan saw my husband as a threat".

Everyone should see this man as a threat. Yet of course, despite being a complete psychotic, it's much better to externalise the problem and blame supernatural forces.

And he was on course to become a preacher? That says it all as far as I'm concerned.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So God tells Abraham to kill Isaac, and all is well. The Devil tells a woman to put her child in the microwave, and she's crazy?

12. Queso macrumors G4

I blame those damn Scientists for inventing microwaves. They'll roast in Hell for that.

For three minutes on medium power ;)

13. aquajet macrumors 68020

I think they'll need a bit longer than that, but I can't find the eternity button on my microwave.

14. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Microwaves are used to speed up cooking. An eternity in a conventional oven is equivalent to 15:00:00 on high in a conventional microwave.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

But things get crispier in an oven, and I like my food nice and crispy, not microwaved and soggy

16. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Maybe they couldn't afford a conventional oven? Soggy was 2nd best :(

How does one fit a child into a microwave?

17. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The obviously HUGE difference in that statement is God stopped Abraham before any harm was done.God doesn't harm people.People harm people.

These two people are both wacko's that wish to blame anything except their own lack of humanity/common sense.

18. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

a classmate of mine who worked in the same children's guidance center had a 7 yo girl patient, who placed her puppy in the microwave, and proceeded to nuke the animal. the puppy was still alive afterwards, but had to be euthanized because it was so severely damaged. no, i dont know how long it was in the microwave.

the little girl looked so innocent and cute, but to imagine what she did sent shivers up my spine. to hear grown adults doing that with their baby shocked me even more. i can understand one person listening to possible voices (shizophrenia), but mom and dad agreeing to it? wow.

dont think you can blame religion for this, but probably mental illness.

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Tell that to Job. :rolleyes:

Anyone who tells you a diety of some flavor told them to kill someone you're dealing with a wacko.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

21. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

i thought i had bad taste in jokes... :p

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I know! Good thing its not my kid. Some people will do anything to get passed around the internet these days. :)

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

:)

Would that be like the Atkins diety?

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Atkins infallibility crashed into the ice.