Woman dials 911 after McDonald's runs out of nuggets

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Giver '94, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

2. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Even so. Manager FAIL. lol

4. TSE macrumors 68030

The title is a little off.

What happened was she ordered chicken nuggets, and they didn't have them. So she asked for her money back, and they wouldn't give it back, they would only let her choose other items from the list.

While I don't think dialing 911 was the best decision, McDonalds technically wasn't giving her money, that she had a right to, back.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I have response to this except:

Attached Files:

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's not right.
    They've always been quite good for me. I got the early bus to college one morning with the plan of getting a Macdonalds breakfast. They took a few minutes longer than planned but showered me with free snacks (donuts, apple pie thingy). Was awfully nice. Nicer than the time I bit into a BigMac and found a metal bolt in there. Only got 2 free dinner tickets :eek:

7. TSE macrumors 68030

Yeah, McDonalds is usually pretty good about that stuff.

So yes, she went overboard, but I am pretty sure she didn't call 911 just for chicken nuggets like most people think, she had a pretty legitimate reason.

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Suppose, for the sake of argument, that the McDonald's manager told her to screw off, she couldn't have her money back OR something else from the menu. I could see then calling the police, but NOT 911. Very simply put, McNuggets are NOT an emergency - you call 911 when someone's having a stroke, or bleeding out, or been hit by a car, stuff like that.

9. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Not only did she not call once, she called 3 times.

10. TSE macrumors 68030

Yes, so while she did go overboard, she still had a right to her money. She should have called the police, not 911.

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well, calling 911 was stupid but what should someone do when you don't get your money back?

thyis story should not focus on the woman (ok she is stupid) but on the manager and mcdonalds.

i mean how can somebody sell something, take the money, not deliver the goods and not refund your money and then say it's our policy as if that would make it legal or right in any way? sounds almost like the standard ebay scam.

the managers picture should be up on this page, he should go to jail for stealing (and being a stupid a$$hole).

well, but then going to mcdonalds is not very smart anyway.......

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The sad part is that most people don't know the local number to the police. They usually only know 911. I'm guessing that's why she dialed it.

13. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

They offered her a different menu item for the same price....

LOL why are we debating this.... :D:D:D

Even if they wouldn't give her her money back she didn't need to make such a big deal. I mean seriously even if they were being unreasonable they offered her something else and it's like $2.....not a big deal.

14. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

The title is misleading. I would have been pissed if they refused to give me my money back. I'm not sure if I'd call the police but I'd speak to the manager.

15. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Wow, talk about desperatism.
    She could have just gone to the nearest McDonalds if there was one if she was that desperate.
    Why couldn't she order something else of the menu?
    And I think if she went out to buy a lottery ticket she'd have better luck getting her money back, plus some!

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I once went to a KFC in Canada that ran out of chicken. I'm not joking. They offered me french fries instead. That really ruffled my feathers, so I gave them the bird.

17. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Well I was trying to sum up what happened. Would you like me to change it to

'Woman dials 911 3 times after McDonalds tells her they have no more nuggets and doesn't offer her a refund but do offer her something more expensive for the same price which she doesn't like so she goes crazy and calls 911' :)

18. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Poor Latreasa ;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

McNugget Meltdown!!!! :eek:

It made me LOL that Perez Hilton was all over this....

19. emt1 macrumors 65816

20. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sort of sad that they decided not to drop another dozen or so McNuggets and make a customer happy, or even give the money back.

Really in poor taste for McDonald's to say that all sales are final, then refuse to perform ... which is in essence stealing money from a customer if they don't want anything else.

Edit: should be an easy lawsuit for this lady to win if she never got her money or her food.

21. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I was rather unhappy when I ordered an Oreo shake at Burger King the other day but was told their machine wasn't working, but I didn't call 911 over it......

I just drove across the street to Dairy Queen :p

And was it here on MR a few weeks ago that someone posted a news story about a guy calling 911 because a restaurant didn't have iced tea?

22. followme macrumors regular

followme

Title is sensationalized and basically not true.

Next time, use a decent title.

23. MotleyPete macrumors regular

Clearly you've never smoked dope.

24. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

If I ordered something, then they took the order, took the money, put it in the till and then told me that they didn't have it and I couldn't have my money back...

Well, I'd go Lou Ferrigno on their arse.