Woman fights off attempted kidnapper in Garden Grove using pepper spray; 3 suspects sought

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:34 AM.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-new...ddOaURRzYSho_0ICIuf9l3AgDkoLe6rXzr18PNvX9o7UI
    glad she is ok

2. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Chemical weapon attack!!! War criminal! LOCK HER UP!! o_O

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I know this is going to cause @jkcerda to face palm but this is a prohibited weapon here:
    [​IMG]

And this is legal:
    [​IMG]

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

that bear spray is no joke, sadly too big to carry :(

5. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Neither is pepper spray... you have to be one dedicated SOB to have that sprayed on you and to still carry on. My eyes water thinking about it.

Oh fun fact, the other difference between self defense spray and bear spray.... is that the bear spray is designed to shoot out in a cloud/cone... I hope if someone has to use that stuff they are not facing the wind. :eek:

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you CAN carry on while you cry, muscle memory comes to play.;)

7. blackfox Suspended

blackfox

8. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

We could both help our agriculture industry and reduce costs on our regime change wars by bombing with pallets of ghost peppers.

9. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

There's a place in the Americas called Garden Grove, who knew?

10. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    Bear spray is not as potent as pepper spray. It just that there is a lot more of it at hand. :D
    --- Post Merged, Jun 14, 2019 at 9:31 AM ---
    Powderized of course. :eek:

11. pshufd macrumors 6502a

A long time ago I had a phone installed and the telephone guy came out to do some wiring on the pole. He encountered a beehive on the pole and asked me to toss him up a can of something from his van. I did and he sprayed the hive and a bunch of dead bees fell to the ground. The can shot out a stream of about six feet. I don't know what was in the can but I imagine it would incapacitate a person.

I carry around a small flashlight which will put out 3,000+ lumens. There are flashlights that will put out 10K lumens but they are larger. I think that would incapacitate as well unless the attacker were wearing sunglasses. Of course in the Live Free or Die state, you never know who's packing and that may be a deterrence in itself. I also live about 1/4 mile from a gun store.