Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
How is this a topic?

What are we supposed to talk about here?
possible mental illness, who follows a woman up to the roof?

----------

My guess, "If she had a gun, she could have stood her ground".

From my personal experience, a gun didn't make me suddenly safer.
wrong guess, but nice try.

----------

If she'd had a handgun like Melinda Herman of Loganville, Georgia she wouldn't have had to hide on the roof, praying help arrived before it was too late.
she would have had immediate access to it, other wise a gun is completely worthless when you get caught off guard, not sure anyone really carries on themselves while at home.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
How is this a topic?

What are we supposed to talk about here?
I think this is the part where someone points out how much better off they think she would have been if she were armed. Then someone else will disagree with that person and this will turn into a pages long gun debate once again.

EDIT: Looks like I'm 2 minutes late to the party, I swear this forum never disappoints.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
If she'd had a handgun like Melinda Herman of Loganville, Georgia she wouldn't have had to hide on the roof, praying help arrived before it was too late.
Did you read the article? She barely had time to grab a cell phone, how in the hell was she supposed to quickly grab a (hopefully properly locked up) gun if she's sitting in her house and some guy suddenly breaks down the door? Or should we all start carrying our guns in a holster on our belts while we're at home too?

----------

I challenge you to go 24 hours without mentioning Georgia...

GO!
Hey, Georgia doesn't have much to be proud of. Don't take this away from him.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Fortunately it wasn't too late. The police saved her, the man is alive and now facing prison, and the woman is doing just fine, so there is no need to ramble on about hypothetical situations that did not occur to bring guns into this discussion.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Fortunately it wasn't too late. The police saved her, the man is alive and now facing prison, and the woman is doing just fine, so there is no need to ramble on about hypothetical situations that did not occur to bring guns into this discussion.
the woman is not fine, emotionally anyways. look at the pic above, not sure jail is where this man belongs, he might be mentally unstable. glad the police did not shoot him & managed to get him down unhurt.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
the woman is not fine, emotionally anyways. look at the pic above, not sure jail is where this man belongs, he might be mentally unstable. glad the police did not shoot him & managed to get him down unhurt.
The woman is alive. Of course she isn't fine emotionally. I don't think anybody would be emotionally sound.

I'm glad the police did not open fire, too. Bullets that miss don't simply disappear. They will arc and eventually return to the ground. The neighbourhood looks densely populated so I'm not sure opening fire would've been the best solution anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.