Woman Reveals Why She Decided To Film Her Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 6, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.buzzfeed.com/richardhjames/woman-reveals-why-she-decided-to-film-her-abortion

a ton of people have trouble even getting pregnant while others have no problem flushing it down the toilet, she did NOT use any type of BC before she go pregnant, abortion as a form of BC is despicable IMHO.

2. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Woman Reveals Why She Decided To Film Her Abortion

Pathetic and sad.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

IMHO the late term of abortion is despicable. I know of a woman that abutted a 5 1/2 month child and was proud. I was aghast and wanted to ask what was wrong with her but bit my tongue

My best friend in college was proud he was born at 6 months. He was perfectly normal and I was amazed he lived but he suggested with modern tech kids could be healthy at the right hospitals and little luck.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I'd rather have a child aborted than a child with a potentially bad upbringing. Not that I'm suggesting the woman in question would be a bad parent. If she isn't ready or financially viable to support the child, forcing her to have the kid could ruin both her life and the child's.

I might get some grief for this one.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I have the nasty feeling she got pregnant on purpose just so she could dispose of it & make the freaking movie.

regardless of what I think, she has a right to do with her body as she sees fit.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I didn't want to watch the video. That is just weird.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Your imagination might be getting the better of you.

I'd stick with what is known ... and let your worst fears wait until there's a reason for them to emerge.

----------

Part of why it's "weird" is the stigma attached to abortion. In 2011 there were ~1 million abortions in the United States.

That's a lot of procedures.

That's a lot of legal, medical procedures.

I think it's time we can accept it without feeling weirded out by it.

I know at least I can.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Knowing it happens is one thing, watching a video someone posted on social media of their abortion is another.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but something about it does strike me as being more than a little odd. I think it all boils down to why they did it.

edit: just read the article. I guess that's commendable.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

And again I'll suggest that's because you've been taught that by a good segment of society.

And no ... I'm not suggesting that you can't think for yourself.

I'm only suggesting that societal mores and opinions help to shape our own.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lets see.
    she is an abortion counselor, she knowingly & willingly had unprotected sex.
    she is not ready to have kids, but she is more than ready to just go bang around unprotected & vacuum it out. @minute 56 "i'm supported by everyone" yet she states
    then there is this
    it is her body & she can do as she wishes, but her level of stupid is freaking amazing.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

In the end it really doesn't matter.

Abortion is a legal choice that ~1 million American women opt for every year.

We don't ask that they provide explanations.

They can make that choice regardless of how shallow, short-sighted, or selfish their motivations might be.

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You're not wrong. But though I usually do disagree with jkcerda on a lot of political topics, he is right about one thing: the fact that a woman who works at an abortion clinic and knows full well the consequences of unprotected sex chooses to do so, then film the results...

...it's just odd.

I can't question her decision to have an abortion. That's hers and hers alone to make. But I can question whether her motives are in good taste. You might be right, and society has colored my opinion on this. If she's doing it simply as a public service announcement, then more power to her. But...

Hell. I dunno.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think she's just trying to wind up conservatives. And that it's pretty tasteless.

16. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Yep, in the same boat, except that I DO think she'd be a bad parent. "I hadn’t been using any kind of birth control, which is crazy, I know." is proof enough she's irresponsible. Also, she's an attention hog. Having an abortion is a private thing to do, and she's not really empowering women by having that filmed or anything, she's just yelling "All eyes on me!". Double proof.

17. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

On some level, this strikes me as sounding similar to saying, "I'd rather sentence an irredeemable killer to death than allowing him to live in prison."

Not that either statement is inherently bad, depending on what you believe.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Plenty of people against the death penalty probably wouldn't have an issue if you could truly prove it beyond all reasonable doubt and if it was cheaper than life imprisonment.

19. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

And yet anti-choicers realistically expect your average woman (who doesn't have any of the reproductive knowledge this woman does) to use protection 100% of the time.

It's just not realistic. People are bad at judging long-term risk. REALISM is what's important in policy making, not "well, you shoulda done xyz".

I agree she's very irresponsible, but again, this kind of behavior/consequences happen all the time.

20. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

agreed, would be an extremely slippery slope if explanations were requiered.

thank you.

I don't think this would piss off only conservatives.

----------

a fetus does not get to decide what he/she wants. at any rate I am NOT advocating abortion laws be changed because of what I PERCEIVE she did.
    I am not anti choice, I do question her "mental health" for lack of better expression when it comes to making a video out of it after being asked by others if she had a baby or ever had an abortion, seems she went out of her way to experience when her patients did, IMHO anyways.

22. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Because it's a fetus, it isn't a person. It couldn't decided if it wanted to.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

what if we ask a psychic what the fetus wants? :shifty eyes:

24. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

What if it wants a Big Mac? O_O

I don't agree with what this women did however, I do get that feeling she kinda did it just to experience an abortion. Which, doesn't sit right with me.

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

its a fetus, a happy meal would be more like it :p

my feelings as well.