Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Nov 9, 2017.

1. rdowns, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just more of those Republican family values they're so fond of preaching about. Sadly, this ****ing pig will likely win his Senate race.

Should have listened to Trump and went with Strange.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...0_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.19c89d5bdac7

2. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Moore is a loser, and is dangerous. Hopefully this is his deathnail.

3. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Most likely he’ll be elected the next senator from Alabama.

4. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I do hope you're wrong, but fear you are right.. The irony of this release is that - at least in my opinion - this new revelation is the least of what makes him dangerous.

I'm never glad to hear someone was a molester, but you, for him, I'll make an exception.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Nothing like waiting 35+yrs and for someones face to end up on the front page to open your mouth. I'm not one to bash a victim, but this has become the "thing" now and it's getting a little hard to not wonder how much of these are BS.

6. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yup. He'll claim god has forgiven him and the rubes will too.

7. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I had the exact same skepticism when I saw the article title. But I read the article. I recommend reading it, if you haven't had a chance to. The lengths they went to to disprove/corroborate the (multiple) allegations is impressive.

8. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

All that's left is to see if Breitbart will run with CUCK RINO ROY MOORE SECRET GLOBALIST.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    Really? Have you been paying attention these last few weeks? Victims are being empowered to come forward. We're only at the very beginning of this. Many will fall. Next up is Louis CK. You heard it here first.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My thoughts exactly.

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Louis CK has already been accused by women of sexual harassment including the still head scratching one of he liked to touch himself while women were forced to watch.

11. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

My thoughts exactly as well, when I first read the article title. And I am the absolute last person who wants to see liberals/democrats/progressives gleeful and smug.

But if you haven't had a chance to read the article, I hope you will. Their research and fact checking is extensive. This goes well past politics, religion, elections. Dude is a sick twist.

Yes, I admit loathing Roy Moore long before this. So I'm not the bastion of non-bias.

But do read the article if you can. I'll put it this way - I honestly can't think of any other ways they could have attempted to disprove/corroborate the (multiple) allegations than what they did.

12. Jax44 macrumors 6502a

Jax44

13. rdowns, Nov 9, 2017

rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I hear the NYT will have a story out soon.

From WaPo

Attached Files:

14. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Novice quetion:

If - and this will never happen - Moore steps aside, would his primary opponent, Luther Strange, get on the ticket?

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's a good question.
    From the article:

As for Moore, you realize that he's been a public figure for decades, going back to his stunts as a state judge and then as chief justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama.

It seems, based on the Washington Post story, that the women decided to speak on the record after the Washington Post found them and convinced them to speak "after multiple interviews."

Moore's already shown to be a sketchy character, after it became clear that he failed to disclose nearly $1 million in payments from his non-profit organization, exceeding the revenue the foundation reported in public tax filings.

Republican Senators are already teeing Moore up for a sacking. Sen. Mitch McConnell said, "If these allegations are true, he must step aside."

16. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

17. Gutwrench Suspended

Gutwrench

1. Moore is disgusting if that is true.

2. Moore reflects on all Republicans just as Weiner reflects on all Democrats? The strength of thought on this forum is going south.

18. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Saw this on Twitter:

Big Luther cannot run as a write-in candidate. 'Bama's got a sore-loser law:

"This provision basically allows every candidate only one opportunity to run for an elected position in any given year."

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Moore's been a long-term Republican hero for his fight to keep the Ten Commandments in his court, and for refusing to follow the Supreme Court's ruling on gay marriage.

While his behavior doesn't "reflect on all Republicans," it's a bad sign if this guy remains in the running for a Senate seat, or worse, wins that seat.

I think rdowns is remarking on the juxtaposition of Moore's whole Ten Commandment schtick and the possibility that he's a sexual predator, especially as Republicans often try to own the "family values" label while national-level GOP members are cheating on their wives, having anonymous sex in bathrooms, or engaging in long-term sexual molestation of children.

20. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No. Weiner and Democrats don't run around preaching family values and trying to legislate people's private lives.

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

So, if Moore steps down, can the party or governor throw in another candidate? Or, are they stuck with Moore?

22. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

From what I read, his name would still appear on the ballot but if he won, it would not be certified.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, it's important to note that both parties have members with problematic sexual proclivities, and that these members don't represent the whole party—unless, they keeping winning elections.

Weiner resigned. Trump won an election. What will Moore do?
    So, they're screwed.

24. Gutwrench, Nov 9, 2017

Gutwrench Suspended

Gutwrench

I likely would not support him for those two positions. I don’t need to wait for a molestation charge.
    Then the obvious question is, why not? Healthy family values are needed on both sides of the aisle, don’t cha think?

25. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Btw, in case anyone is wondering, Roy Moore’s new opponent in this race will be the Washington Post. And Pro-Trump media like Fox and Breitbart will make sure this race is now about #FakeNews Washington Post. I doubt one die hard Moore supporter will believe these allegations. Instead they’ll believe the Washington Post is #FakeNews.