Woman sentenced 1 year prison for fake rape claim

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dinaluvsApple, Nov 14, 2010.

1. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

successful justice outcome.
    you cant run around ruining other peoples lives because your a whore.

so many cases where men have served time in prison because of whores faking rape.
    :)
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8140302/teen-jailed-for-false-ex-boyfriend-rape-claim
    Judge Steven Everett told Bradley she knew "full well" what she was doing would get her ex-boyfriend into serious trouble.

"It's impossible to imagine just how traumatic it must have been for him," Judge Everett said in Bolton Crown Court.

Bradley admitted to perverting the course of justice and was sentenced to 12 months jail.

2. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Nice. That is a really serious thing to accuse someone of.

I hope some sort of settlement has to be paid too.

3. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Clearly a civil matter rather than one requiring such an amount of jail time especially such an excessive amount, I don't feel for the bitch but the punishment is inappropriate for what is basically an issue of libel and serving a few weeks for perjury at most would have been acceptable either way it just goes to show the laws are no longer there to protect the people when a false accusation goes this far, or when the punishment for the faker goes too far. Either way the court system was going to get its pound of flesh for the time wasted 3 years for a rape if convicted or one for lying right? Take her to civil court and attach any of her assets and earnings maybe she might learn what it is like for most men in this country.

4. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I don't agree.

A rape charge is so life-destroying for a guy falsely convicted that there needs to be an appropriate punishment involved.

This selfish woman has also in turn made it more difficult for other women trying to get legitimate rape convictions. The UK has a low conviction rate in this area and a jury's hesitancy to risk a false conviction is one of the main reasons.

Rape law in the UK really is a world of pain for all involved.

5. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

OK then think of it this way if accused falsely of murder (such as being accused and tipped off as some uncaught serial killer) by a witness who swears up and down you did but there is no physical evidence of any crime then should the accuser serve a life term (or perhaps be put to death) if it turns out that they lied? No it is perjury and the punishment should be administered appropriately for that, and leave the rest up to the civil court to determine damages for the lost reputation.

This woman is already a psycho bitch I think going to jail for a that long she may come out of it a lot worse than she is if she went this far imagine what will happen to that poor bastard after her release? You know she isn't right in the head already a mental facility would suit her better. Rape law is as much of a pain here nobody wants equality the concept of supremacy has merely been reversed for us as compared to 3rd world countries.

Go to a 3rd world country it is the exact opposite some of those the women get raped or can be accused of being impure and then they get punished usually publicly stoning the woman to death or their family will kill the woman for honor and it is fine for rapists to lie, how is the other extreme any different than this one? It is a demand for supremacy either way and not equality an opposite cost on who the victims are but just as irrational because here in our respective countries the women have more of the power, but this still doesn't excuse the judgment passed for what is perjury. What I see here is an angry judge just lashing out probably because he remembers things used to be the other way around.

Psychologically it's like a rebounding slinky spring making waves between two points that spring will snap back the other direction every time never just stopping in the middle it will never calm down as long as people keep applying force. We have never experienced a single moment of equality in the entire history of humanity and probably never will if we don't learn to stop acting like children. We must put the slinky away.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I must say, the smilie adds just the right touch to your OP.

Anyway... this subject strikes me as very similar to to your "successful blacks" thread that was correctly closed down for being void of any value.

Could someone please tell me what the point is here?

7. dinaluvsApple thread starter macrumors regular

can i accuse you of rape for jokes?

ruin your life, reputation then say jus kidding? you would be fine with that?

8. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

- Rape is arguably more socially unacceptable than murder
    - In the UK there's a mismatch in rape trials. The victim gets anonymity, the accused does not - so perjury carries lower risk.
    - Maximum sentence for perjury is 10 years in the UK and for 'Perverting the course of justice' it's life imprisonment.
    - This woman was convicted for 'perverting the course of justice'. 12 months is a pretty light sentence. Her sentence and crime has nothing to do with the fact that this was a rape trial - it's a generic crime that spans different areas.
    - We're not a third world country, so we don't have the death sentence.

The response to crime requires both punishment and rehabilitation. "she may come out of it a lot worse than she is" could be applied to any criminal, and isn't a good reason to avoid sentencing.

If conviction statistics are to be believed, they are extremely low compared to the amount of crime in this area. "The concept of supremacy has been reversed" is incorrect.

What happens in the third world isn't relevant to this discussion.

She received a light sentence for perverting the course of justice.

This paragraph is meaningless. You don't offer any alternative to the current system.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Seems like an obvious point din.

What's the value of discussing the obvious?

This really seems to be about giving you a platform to vent against "whores".

You don't have a problem with women do you?

10. kolax macrumors G3

If they lied, yes, they should be punished. These are serious charges that can ruin someone's life. It is perverting the course of justice.

I don't understand your point though.. the way you word it all isn't clear. Try again..?

She won't serve the full year.

I'm not saying prison changes people for the good, but in our world, we're kind of limited to what we can do.

But girl needs to make an example of what happens to you if you make such claims.

We don't live in a 3rd world country.

Answer me this: if you were the boyfriend and the claim was made against you, how would you react?

11. dinaluvsApple thread starter macrumors regular

nope, my qualms are with the injustice system.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm sorry, but your use of the term "whore" twice in your OP demonstrates that you're clearly working through some issues.

I'll leave it at that... and leave this thread to one with a little less hatred, and a little more substance.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, dinaluveAppleandControversialThreads.

14. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Shoot, I live in America!

15. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Judging by the misogynistic tone that you opened your thread with I'm guessing you don't like women very much. I hope you don't use this story to justify treating the women in your life poorly. The woman in this story clearly deserves to be punished, but there are far more men who rape than women who falsely claim it.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

A successful rape charge against the guy would destroy all job prospects, put him on the sex offenders list, along with many years in jail.

Id say she got off easy.

17. dinaluvsApple thread starter macrumors regular

look what happened to those duke players.
    they got dragged through the mud

18. kolax macrumors G3

I'm sure there was a similar story in the UK a while back:

A woman engaged in a 3-some, and then made the charges she was raped. But later, she revealed to someone that she was lying and wanted to see her ex put in prison. She was caught, and she was placed on the sex offenders register.

Think she escaped prison though..

19. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Not applicable, for the victim in this alleged crime is still alive to point fingers.

The dead guy is not, except as to any evidence his dead body might yield.

Yep, 5 years might dissuade others from playing with a man's life this way.

20. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

A witness mistakenly accusing someone of murder by mistake.

A person intentionally accusing someone of a very serious crime when said person KNOWS that the charge is un-true.

Do you really not see the difference?

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yep. I hope the guy next sues the crap out of her as well and takes everything she owns. This can be used a proof of her trying to destroy his name.

22. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

This might not be a perfect outcome, but I agree there should be some sort of reaction due to this women's actions.

Perhaps it should be determined by a medical professional if our current medical facilities can help this women or is she an ass who knew what she was doing. Then perhaps time in our prison is a reasonable reaction, despite the major flaws in the system.

But honestly, the damage is done...not sure how much a prison sentence will serve to clear this mans name, although it might help a bit.

23. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Sentencing also factors in as a deterrent, no??

Other men may benefit in the future, due to any precedent set here?

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Problem with Rape cases like this is it becomes a case of she said, he said and more often than not the courts will side with the woman. No matter what the truth is. They can easily lie and scream rape and the guy more often than not is screwed. Due to that nature I would almost say if woman or anyone lies about being rape just to slander someone it should carry a very heavy punishment.

Even in prison rapiest and child molasor have a very hard time because other person inmates look down on it so much.

25. dinaluvsApple thread starter macrumors regular

to all the citzenzen like-minded people who think this sentence is anti-women, its actually the complete opposite.

if anything this sentence will protect the legitimacy of actual rape cases. it sets a precedent so that rape is a trivial matter to take to court, you will be punished for putting forth fake charges.