Woman sues owners of dog killed by her pit bulls

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 15, 2014.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-sues-owners-dog-killed-her-pit-bulls-194920139.html
    the owner of the pitbulls who killed the beagle is the one suing, this woman should be the one paying the beagle owner the million. her dogs are the ones who got into the neighbors yard. any who sides with her should be disbarred.

2. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It would make more sense to link the original source. She sounds like a loon, but I doubt anyone would take the case if there wasn't more to it than this.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well it would really help to know whose fence it is. if it was the the beagle owners fence then I can see it. but if it was hers then she would be responsible I would think.

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

There's some scumbag lawyer out there who will take literally any case. This case doesn't surprise me at all.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

It's your job ONLY, to keep possible danger contained within your own property or residence. This is why you see many backyards with two fences right next to each other, a fence for each property.

The beagle owner is not responsible for keeping danger out the property, but the Pit bull owner is responsible for keeping danger within their property.

6. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I wonder why she didn't just punch those pit bulls in the throat.

7. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Isn't animal abuse/cruelty now a felony in all fifty states?

Why are both parties not in Jail or at least charged? We know animals CAN NOT take care of themselves so why were the pit bulls not fenced in properly and why was the fence not properly inspected and maintained by the owners of the beagle.

----------

Doesn't mater who owns the fence. The owner of the Beagle took responsibly to protect that animal and they failed to do so.

8. samiwas macrumors 65816

Why would the beagle owner be put in jail? Also, do we know whose fence it was? Is it a felony to not maintain a fence when someone else's animals enter your property and cause injury or death?

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The Beagle was on the right property. It's NOT the legal responsibility of the property owner to keep someone's Pit Bulls from entering. It's the Pit Bull owner legal responsibility to keep the Pit Bulls contained.

10. lostngone, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

They failed to adequately protect their defenseless beagle. It IS a felony when they knowingly put the dog in yard.

Come on people you claim to be animal lovers yet fail to follow even the basic precautions to protect them.

----------

So if I leave my three year old child unattended in the back yard and it is attacked by pit bulls I should not be charged with anything?
    A dog in a fenced yard can not take care of itself. That is the owners legal responsibility, things are made even worse because the poor beagle didn't even have a chance to run.

11. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Umm. What country are you from? This is the U.S. It is your privilege to sue for any crazy reason you like. It doesn't mean the lawsuit will go anywhere.

It is the responsibility of the owner of any dangerous dog(s) to keep them confined. However, in some states, it is hard to go after someone until the dog has already been declared dangerous or whatever. Depends on state law.

Lawyers don't always look at it as being a scumbag. They look at it as getting your day in court, and, that it is up to the court to decide.

They are both responsible for their own dogs. Beagles can be dangerous to small children, too.

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

That's a dumb comparison. Provided the dog is frequently feed, it is perfectly fine in the yard by itself.

Even if a three year old in the back yard with parental supervision, those Pit Bulls could have still gotten to that child.

----------

But the Beagle did not attack anyone or child.

13. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

The dead Beagle might disagree with that statement.

How, If the fence was properly maintained?

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Actually you are right. If the owners knew of the potential dangers next door, they should have been more proactive in keeping the Beagle safer.

However, the owners of the Beagle did not even sue the owner of the Pit Bulls. And LEGALLY(key word), it's the Pit Bull owner responsibility to keep the Pit Bulls within their own property and to have supervised otherwise.

For the Pit Bull owner to sue because of their own LEGAL negligence is freaking ridiculous.

Again, it's not the LEGAL responsibility to built a fort around your yard. Many yards don't even have a fence. It's someone else's responsibility when they introduce a potentially dangerous situation in a neighborhood.

15. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Her dogs were probably the ones who gave her the injuries too. :rolleyes:

Don't forget she ran into someone else's yard too and tried to yank two dogs off of another.

You DON'T do that.

16. samiwas macrumors 65816

Can you source this that it's a felony for a dog to be in a fenced back yard, or even that it's a felony if the dog is attacked?

17. jnpy!$4g3cwk, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I apologize if that is how it sounded. I was attempting to point out that beagles can bite, too. Sometimes people tend to assume that, e.g., only pit bulls are a problem, but, not their own precious ____ . So, yeah, people with all kinds of dogs need to confine them according to the requirements of the situation and the dog(s).

In this case, I do have to say that the pit bull owner has provided a perfect example of chutzpah:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chutzpah

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It is the responsibility of the owner of the dogs that got loose to maintain control of said animals. Not the dog that is in it's own yard minding it's business.

19. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Wow, like a man suing a woman for being so attractive, he was forced to rape her.

20. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

Lawyers will take any case

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The lawyer is probably charging fees win or lose.

22. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Animal abuse/neglect is now a felony in all 50 states. The dog was clearly left unattended. All that needs to be shown is these people knew the fence had issues. After that is would be pretty simple to have felony changes brought against the owner of the Beagle.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

You can't be freaking serious. Your basically assuming that the Beagle owners knew that the Pit Bulls would enter their yard and purposely put the Beagle in danger.

And by your logic, if you think the Beagle owner should be charged with abuse/neglect, then you also think the Pit Bull owner should be charged with killing the Beagle. Whatever type of logic you decide to use, the Pit Bull owner always has the biggest fault.

24. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Nothing about this surprises me, USA is the land of litigation.

After Pearson Vs Chung in 2005 pants $67,000,000, I wouldn’t be surprised at anybodies stupidity in bringing a law suit.:p

IMO the USA has far to many lawyers.

25. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You're dodging the question. Specifically what law is it. You're the one making the claim that it's a felony, that puts it on you to show the specific law. Second, provide evidence that what ever specific law states that leaving your dog unattended in your own backyard is qualifies as to breaking said law. We'll be waiting for your specific detailed answer.