Woman swept up in massive cocaine bust in L.A. now faces deportation

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Dozens of people gathered in downtown Los Angeles on Tuesday to protest the detention of a 54-year-old woman who now faces deportation for living in the country illegally.

Teresa Vidal-Jaime was picked up by federal authorities Monday after a massive drug bust at a Boyle Heights apartment complex where she lives. During the raid, her husband was arrested for drug possession and investigators seized more than 30 pounds of cocaine and $600,000 in cash, according to the U.S. Border Patrol.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-immigration-arrest-20170425-story.html
I am sure she had no clue about the drugs or cash :rolleyes:

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
you judged her with no evidence found her guilty and condemn her. good job folks this is how justice works in the us. lounge chair lawyers and judges all.

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
I think we should at least let the deported drug mules high five the incoming drug mules at the border like it’s a grade school soccer match. Maybe even have collector’s cards with stats like longest time spent in the US, furthest mileage traveled in the US, career deportations, career miles traveled in US, top 10 deserted island CD picks, etc.

Reactions: Rhonindk

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
you judged her with no evidence found her guilty and condemn her. good job folks this is how justice works in the us. lounge chair lawyers and judges all.
If you are in the country illegally and happen to be in the same apartment as police find a ton of drugs you probably should be deported even if you might be innocent of the drug dealing.

If you are law abiding other than the initial crossing the border then I have no problem with you staying, but really if you are associating with criminals you don't need to be here. That said local law enforcement doesn't need to waste their money with doing the Feds jobs for them.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
If you are in the country illegally and happen to be in the same apartment as police find a ton of drugs you probably should be deported even if you might be innocent of the drug dealing.

If you are law abiding other than the initial crossing the border then I have no problem with you staying, but really if you are associating with criminals you don't need to be here. That said local law enforcement doesn't need to waste their money with doing the Feds jobs for them.
it said the same building not the same room.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I am surprised Charlie Sheen isn't out there protesting the loss of a weeks worth of party supplies.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve knight

dogslobber

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2014
Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
If she's illegal then she's already guilty. Remove her.
I do scratch my head at this whole issue about aliens being legal or not when presented by the media. If you're a legal immigrant then there's no issues as you are here legally. But that's different from being here without legal status. It does annoy me, a legal immigrant to this great country, when illegals try to associate themselves as being the same as me. They're simply not. They're illegal aliens so should be rounded up and deported. Failing that, law enforcement officers should be enforcing the law and if they find an alien is illegal doing their job then they should inform ICE. I know there will be a few gray areas which have special cases but there are not 11m cases.