Woman uses Craigslist to find a man who got her pregnant.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by roadbloc, Apr 13, 2012.

1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

3. /user/me macrumors 6502

4. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Are you going to test everyone at the megadeath concert?

6. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Narrowing down the possible culprits will be more easily accomplished once the DNA database is operational...

7. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Of course not, but if some random wasted [her word] chick was claiming I fathered her spawn, I'd want some proof.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Are you being funny? :confused: The point was once the guy comes forward, if he does bother, then take the test.

9. WestonHarvey1 macrumors 68020

I love how she felt the graphic details were necessary. "Hmm, well, I DID have a nice c*ck that night..."

10. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

The post has been flagged for removal... I wonder why? Craigslist clearly runs a "personals" section. Obviously, there's the possibility that it's fake, but if not, then why remove it?

You guys may think I'm crazy, but I think it's commendable that the woman is even making an effort to find the guy. Some will think it's purely for financial reasons, but she does say "contact me if you want to be a part of your child's life".

11. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Clearly this woman doesn't know men. :p

State that you're pregnant and no one is going to claim it was them. I would have stated that I was looking for him to hook up with again and then when in person hit him with it so I know who it is. Now she will never know unless she did hook up with the rare guy that will take responsibility for his actions.

12. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

She seems pretty confident that this is the father. They had sex in the bathroom of a megadeth concert. Would you really take this seriously? I guess a paternity test would help things, but I have to wonder if there's any point in looking for a complete stranger.

Edit: not to mention no one is really obligated to respond to a craigslist ad. You can't really gauge anything off a lack of response to such a thing.

13. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

it doesn't look like she is looking for something, rather she is giving the opportunity to the father to be a dad if he wants, or to stay out of the picture if he doesn't.

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Wow. I'm just visualizing the kids future.

How did your parents meet ?

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I thought he was saying paternity test instead of using Craigslist. Lol. I doubt this guy is going to come forward.

----------

This happened in the past also, haven't you watched mad men?

16. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Would you respond to such a thing posted on Craigslist? You don't know anything about its validity. You just know it was posted, and even assuming it's completely valid, the chance of this guy reading it isn't very good.

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I don't see a PayPal link, to help with the upbringing, but perhaps that would follow, for anyone taking pity on her and actually sending her an E-mail??

18. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Based on your long standing positions on rape, child support, alimony and women's rights, I can't help but think that you got seriously burned somewhere along the way.

While working on my family history, the year 1920 has always been a major historical turning point for me. It was the year the radio was released commercially and it was also the year that women got the vote. I can't imagine what life must have been like without radio or tv, but I have quite a lot of first hand evidence of what like was for women who couldn't vote. That was almost a hundred years ago, but like slavery, the US has been very slow to address women's equality.

Payback sucks.

19. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Tyrants abhor change.

20. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I'm sorry but I really don't think that their statement had anything to do with women's rights or their positions, whether they are more left or right. Someone who admitted they were doing drugs and had sex with a complete stranger is not someone I would be able to trust right off the bat. However, the concept of me having sex with someone who's name I don't even know is foreign, so I really cant conceptualize this. I mean, would you even want that kind of guy to be involved in your child's life? If I were the girl, I would not be able to trust the guy. If I was the guy, I would be able to trust the girl. ...at least at first. I'm not trying to pass blame to either or...if one was wrong then both are or neither are wrong. I'm not even trying to label her as looking for money. She may very well just be utilizing every route possible to find the guy in which there is nothing wrong with that.

However, I do agree that the US has been very slow to address women's rights.

21. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Makes you wonder what Madonna's kids ask each other :p