Wombwars: And they lose another one, Indiana Abortion Law Ruled Illegal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AhmedFaisal, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm beginning to wonder if the U.S. is ever going to move past this or any issue or if we are just going to keep fighting the same battles over and over again like some preverse game of the Ground Hog Day movie.

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

sadly I expect Indiana to follow what Texas did and give up the medicaid funding. It is sad that they will put so many people lives at risk for petty reasons but that is the GOP way now.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Remember, power is what they want- not what's best for the country.

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

That's not true. The GOP passed something like 30 jobs bills that are languishing in the Democrat run Senate. :rolleyes:

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh yes, I forgot about those. What were they again? ;)

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

They are bills designed to end the job crushing regulations that prevent the benevolent energy industry from polluting our air and water or worrying about safety.

There would probably be like 10 new jobs created!

7. AhmedFaisal thread starter Guest

Tax cuts, benefits cuts, tax cuts, more tax cuts, more benefits cuts mixed in with some basic civil rights cuts such as collective bargaining and spiced with military spending and deregulation of polluters.

While I agree with some of the Democrats that 250k is too low a limit for the extension of the Bush tax cuts especially places like San Francisco, LA and the larger NYC area, I do agree that we should heavily tax higher incomes along the lines of what Eisenhower did to recoup the war costs. What I would do is tax so called "ineffective wealth" that gets invested and generated in financial services with the exemption of venture/angel investors who fund start up companies or provide funding to companies that wish to expand their business in the US through job creation.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

WTH are you? A chameleon??

You're starting to give me a headache, trying to figure out what you are all about??????

9. Queso macrumors G4

Hey mcrain!! Start going with the white-text </sarcasm> tag for John's benefit will ya? He's a bit elderly you know. Needs a bit of help with these things :D

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Even a :rolleyes: would help immensely.

Then I might not die from shock, that he actually was, somehow, "changing". :eek: