Women and 6plus -ers. How crazy is this??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHeartsteve, Oct 2, 2014.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I love and am tempted by the 6plus screen size and battery life however my hands are so small and I dropped the 6plus in the apple store twice. I'd prefer the 6plus and am not the sort that cares if people laugh at the midget with the giant phone however I am concerned about handling it in everyday situations.

I was thinking of buying a gel case for the 6plus for only $6 and 'practicing' with it and throwing it in my purse etc.

2. iluvbeer99 macrumors member

you seriously dropped the phone not once but twice while in the store?

That has more to do with complete carelessness than the size of the phone.

Do you drop iPads? They are bigger than the 6+.

I guess some people are just clumsy.

3. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

haah I've been carrying around my mini since it came out and that's been ok. I may be subconsciously more careful with it bc I know its size. I'm still in 'phone mode' when I pick up the 6+ so perhaps I need to think of it as the phablet it is.

4. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Get a skin for it, like a bestskinsever or invisibleshield, they make the phone less slippery and protect it.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've found that the Apple leather case makes it much easier to grip without slipping.

:apple:

6. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

The Apple case is perfect for just that. Yes, it makes the phone a bit wider than the naked iPhone 5S, but it makes the phone much better to grip and it's not some ridiculous brick case.

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I got a wristlet case for my 6 Plus to prevent drops. It's kinda hard to keep a good grip with one hand (even with a grippy case) and it's not really large enough to hold it with two hands like I do the iPad.

8. deviant macrumors 65816

All the girls i've seen buyed the 6 plus. My fiancé did so, too. She explained: she can't use either with 1 hand, so what the heck.

9. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

This literally made me laugh out loud. Sounds like me...either way one of them could drop.

10. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

I have small hands and the first day I felt I was fumbling around a bit but now on day 4 I find that I am using it one handed a lot of the time. A case definitely helps. As does reachability.

I'm not understanding why these guys who claim to be 6'2"+ are so freaked out the size. Maybe it's easier for me because I'm used to the pinky method?

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

I've seen Filipina women no taller than 5-2 carry Galaxy Notes and even the giant Asus Fonepad 7 all the time!

Asian women with their little hands love phablets. Tablets stay at home. I guess wanting a BIGGER SIZE does matter to tiny women. :p

Phablets and SELFIE STICKS. Very common for Asian women to carry around. I lived in the USA most of my life. But I think phablets is like what texting was in the 90's and early-00's in the US. Americans slowly adopted the trend. I think phablets (what's "trending" in Asia) will slowly get adopted there too. Only a matter of time. Once people go big, it becomes much easier to go back to a smaller phone or everything feels like a toy. Like driving a Monster Truck but then you back to a Hummer or Ford Escalade which now feels "small" to you. I just hope foldable screens will get here soon enough. I don't think they have holster cases built for 7-inch phablets.

12. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I've seen quite a few women who prefer Notes and some who actually want the 6+. I gotten quite a few at my store who really want the + over the regular 6 b/c the 6 is just too small. A lot of women just prefer big things.

I did say "things" right?

13. mattofsmeg macrumors newbie

6 Plus

For any interested women, mine is 6 plus and definitely requires two hands.

:)

14. Pinkie Pie macrumors regular

I kind of want the 6 Plus after handling it, but am also worried about dropping it. It's so wide that it would probably fly out of my hand if I was jostled at all, so I'd want a lightweight case (not a wallet wristlet) with a wrist strap attached. Just in case.

15. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

If I was a man, I would def buy the plus hands down. I suppose the only thing preventing them is that most prefer to put it in their pocket which the plus is too large to do.

----------

I guess women have an advantage over men who don't carry man bags lol. I could imagine how all the Asian countries are obsessed with the phablet size. They love their new tech devices also.

----------

Thanks for suggestion. I was thinking the wallet wristlet may be too bulky. Or there's that Chanel perfume case with the necklace chain. Then I'd be wearing basically an iPad mini on my chest :p

16. Tzuten macrumors 6502

Whats this "pinkie method" you refer to

17. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

You put middle 3 fingers on the back, pinky on the bottom and use your thumb on the phone.

18. deviant macrumors 65816

I can palm a basketball and i still can't use it onehanded. Or better, i can, but it's difficult. I can scroll Facebook or reply to calls, but that's all.

19. chrise2 macrumors 6502

My wife got the plus. She can't hold the 6 one handed anyway and she just puts the thing in her purse so she just went with the larger screen and better battery life.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you can't hold on to it in a controlled setting like the Apple store then you've answered your own question. Get the 6, not the 6+.

21. greytmom, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

We've got a "Women and 6+) thread somewhere in this forum... found it. There are a LOT of us, and many of us have teeny hands.

22. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Just about guy at work says the iP 6+ is too big for them. Even one guy said after he saw my 6+ he decided to go for the 6. A sales guy at the APPLE STORE yes a guy that works for Apple asked me, "so you got the +, how do you like it?" I told him it was awesome. He said it was too big for him.

I think there are deeper issues at work...:p

23. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

Lololol size inadequacy?

24. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I preordered the 6 Plus and received it on launch day. I am a small woman (5 foot nothing) and I have pretty small hands. So far I love my 6 Plus. Yes I have to use it with 2 hands, but I used my 5s two-handed also (just easier for me to use it that way). I have always texted and browsed with two hands. The big screen is gorgeous and I love landscape mode. Sure it is slick and I can see how it would be somewhat easy to drop but that is easily fixed with a skin or a case. I currently have a clear Spigen case on mine and it helps add some grip to the phone. I am using that until my Spigen bumper comes later this month.

25. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Haha! Quite the opposite. It's like the guy that needs the biggest truck on the road! :cool:

Me, I got the SG6. I wanted something I can carry in my pocket, something more portable. For my "bigger needs" I use the iPad.