Women > Men

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MultiMediaWill, Nov 10, 2013.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Let’s be honest for a moment here. If socially-constructed colonialist gender roles were reversed and women had historically joined the workforce and men stayed at home in the kitchen the world would be a much better place.

For starters you wouldn’t have bankers pillaging the global economy to benefit their own self-interest – research indicates that women, unlike men who only think about themselves, think about how their actions affect others. No woman would take a multi-million dollar bonus while her fellow citizens were left drowning in poverty.

Think about it. What is twenty-first century capitalism missing? Why are all these giant corporations exploiting the environment and the weak? It’s because corporate America is still an old boys club. Imagine a corporate world dominated by feminine energy. Imagine a world where corporations had compassion and empathy for their employees, a world where the collective interest is always held in higher regard than self-interest. Imagine a world where female leaders worked together to solve their disputes collaboratively as opposed to resorting to patriarchal expressions of masculine domination like war.

Many of these age-old problems such as hunger, poverty, war and abuse would disappear, virtually overnight, if women were in charge of the world.

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

That was deep dude. Pass the spliff. Also.... inb4 PRSI.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

What would the "The Good Old Boys" think of a statement like this?

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Are you taking a women's study course or dating a women's study major?

Left field post (compared with your prior posts), 0230 local time post, a post advocating matriarchy on a tech website can only mean one thing...mind expanding substance experimentation. Step away from the keyboard until sober.

5. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

6. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I didn't even bother reading your post, so I'll just reply to the topic title:

Ummm...NO. Just no.

There's a reason why our world was designed the way it is and I'm happy that's the way it works. I love women. I was raised by two of them and certainly mean no disrespect any female out there, but things have happened in history the way they did for a reason. Let it be. So far, it has worked for us and it's proven to be a great thing. Let's not debate it.

----------

Okay, so I just read your entire post, to be fair and give you a chance, and I'm still gonna say "uh....NO.... JUST NO."

7. kolax macrumors G3

8. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

This post reminds me of the one below, posted September 1/2013, curiously enough also in the wee hours of a Sunday morning. Hmmm.

9. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

I really doubt Margaret Thatcher was a women.

10. Jessica Lares, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I hate feminism. Like honestly, if these woman who consider themselves feminists think they're so better than men, then why are they just complaining about it in articles and not actually doing some actual work. Anyone can start their own business. Stop trying to force men to consider us equal and get on with your life.

I think that women have a lot to do with our poor public education system that just gets worse and worse every year.

11. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

I agree. Feminism should be about equality but now its all about sexism, sexism towards men from women that is.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The older I get the more I see that gender has little to do with how people are. I've had some really great bosses in my life who were guys, and really bad bosses who were woman (and vice versa).

I don't think you can pin the world's ills on gender but rather because we all are imperfect selfish people who will do anything to get ahead. As a Christian we call that our sin nature.

13. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Was going to say exactly the same!!

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What a complete load of crap.:rolleyes:

15. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Sums up my feelings about this thread perfectly!

16. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

once again I agree...

^ This. As a woman, feminism drives me nuts. The older the I get the more this annoys me. Just be and get on with your life.

I completely disagree with the OP.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Must be nice to sit back and complain about those who fought and won for you the ability to "just be and get on with your life."

Mission accomplished.

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Excellent point, and one with which I find myself in complete agreement.

To be candid, without the advances (legal, social, political, economic, attitudinal) which came about as a result of feminism, the lives of a lot of women, including those of us who come from the First World, would be an awful lot worse off.

I, for one, am profoundly grateful for the changes which challenged the perceptions and attitudes (and the laws which derived from such attitudes) which would have denied me basic civil rights, and human rights simply on account of my gender. Instead, I am mindful of the fact that such rights as I currently enjoy, often quite hard won rights, have largely come about as a result of the challenges to received wisdom and deeply rooted attitudes which were mounted by the feminist movement in its earlier forms.

19. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

To me, there are two types of feminism. The ones that fought for equal rights for women( vote, pay, employment, etc) and the extreme nut jobs( that any group will have) that will scream sexism when a man opens a door for a woman, or pays for her meal on a date, etc.

Now which type of feminism annoys you?

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Women can be just as evil, selfish, greedy, conniving, and etc: as any man. They just weren't historically given the chance which created a stereotype. Even today, the balance of power is lopsided.

21. kolax macrumors G3

I think she's complaining about feminists taking things to the extreme, not those who fought for equality.

A colleague at work is an extreme feminist and I just have a nightmare dealing with her IT issues. She assumes something like "you think because I'm a woman I can't operate a computer", but no, I think, "you are an ignorant user who can't operate a computer".

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You could apply that to virtually anybody who takes virtually anything to the extreme.

Extreme people are extreme, and not representative of feminism or what the movement has done for women.

23. needfx, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

I would be interested to witness a women-run mormon society in which they would be allowed to marry multiple men, or pursuant to the Kyrgyzstan tradition, women kidnapping men to marry them against their will.

24. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

That Thatcher was a tyrant sociopathic and psychopathic devil-woman.

----------

All through out pre-history there have been thousands of Goddess civilizations ruled by women, there was great growth, opportunity, equality and environmental richness. There was flourishing arts, culture and sciences, medicine and education abound.

Now - what is there?

No favouritism but without touching on gender, I think it is larger than gender what has happened in history. It is pure greed and corporatization of every facet of life that has screwed us all over.

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

There is precious little evidence for either of these assertions. The first is a "no true Scotsman" approach, the second is a huge stretch, given the limits of archaeology. Which civilisations were you referring to?